Review by Ayosinmi -- My Trip to Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ayosinmi
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayosinmi.html
Latest Review: "A Nation Divided" by Anthony R. Flagg

Review by Ayosinmi -- My Trip to Adele

Post by Ayosinmi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My Trip To Adele by R.I Alyaseer and A.I Alyaseer. 220 Standard Pages.

This is a fictional story about three different people who share a common love for Adele and who have a relentless desire of seeing her perform live at Verona.

Nadia is a divorcee and a single mom who through courage made the decision to divorce her husband and in spite of all resistance, stood by her decision, and held firm to her freedom. One of her greatest ambitions is to take Waleed, her only son to see Adele perform live.
Yaser is an oncologist and a surgeon who is also an atheist but got married to his wife because of her faith. However, he started feeling confined in his marriage and hopes to keep his marriage afloat by taking his wife to the Adele concert in Verona.
Elias who fell in love with Malika and left her for several reasons but could not just let her go in his heart. Elias left Rome to go back to Morroco and find closure as regards Malika, he later realized that his love for Adele which he shared with her years before might be the only thing that will bring them together again.

These three protagonists, although they lived in different worlds were bound together by a single mission to see Adele perform live in Verona, but will their love for Adele be strong enough to overcome their personal challenges and obstacles that await them on their mission to Verona?

The story was well written and I love the places where they were set in. The authors were able to give a vivid description of the three major cities mentioned in the book, Las Vegas, Marrakesh and Amman. Even though I have never been to those cities, I definitely have an idea of what to expect. The book contains a lot of meaningful, relevant and realistic philosophical quotes. It did not only tell a story, it also taught some good values about human freedom and Independence. I especially identify with the character of Nadia. Her stubborn and relentless streak to stay truly independent, not bowing to any pressure especially when it challenged what she believed in. She said and I quote "... because my freedom deserves to be fought for, regardless of many obstacles I would have to face as a result "

I have some misgivings about the book though, the constant reference to Adele's lyrics and songs almost overshadowed the essence of the story. The use of the lyrics was overdone in my opinion despite the fact that I am her fan. The transition between the past and present when Elias was reflecting on his relationship with Malika was not smoothly done and it sometimes got confusing. I also found a typographical error and a grammatical error on the pages of the book.

My Trip to Adele is therefore rated 3 out of 4 stars by me for the above reasons, also because it is not perfectly presented. It could have been rated higher because the story is perfect but the book is flawed.

This is a book that seeks to encourage women in abusive relationships to stand up for themselves and say NO MORE to their abusers.
Adele's fans will definitely love the book. It will appeal to the young and the young at heart who love life and adventure, also people who are resisting abuse and those who have fought and won the battle against emotional tyranny.

My Trip to Adele
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ayosinmi's review? Post a comment saying so!
Lord, protect me from my friends; I can take care of my enemies.
Voltaire, 1694-1778
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I agree with you about the overuse of lyrics and the unsmooth transition between times. I didn't think it was that well-translated, though, due to some errors and awkwardly worded sentences. I am glad that you enjoyed the book despite its flaws. Nice review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

I love books which transport you to new destinations. As an Adele fan, I have to read this!
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

I have heard so much about this novel . Nice review .
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

Nice review. I couldn't stand the numerous Adele renditions throughout the book. Still, I guess the authors' goal was achieved in letting us have an Adele experience.
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

gali wrote:I agree with you about the overuse of lyrics and the unsmooth transition between times. I didn't think it was that well-translated, though, due to some errors and awkwardly worded sentences. I am glad that you enjoyed the book despite its flaws. Nice review!
Thanks dear. Right. It shows that the translators aren't native English speakers. There's a disconnect kind of. But overall, it's a good read.
Thanks for your comment. Cheers

-- 20 Jul 2017, 12:49 --
Kelebogile Mbangi wrote:I love books which transport you to new destinations. As an Adele fan, I have to read this!
It's definitely worth reading. Especially since you are an Adele fan.
Cheers dear

-- 20 Jul 2017, 12:50 --
Darakhshan Nazir wrote:I have heard so much about this novel . Nice review .
Thanks a lot. I appreciate the comment

-- 21 Jul 2017, 01:09 --
juliusotinyo wrote:Nice review. I couldn't stand the numerous Adele renditions throughout the book. Still, I guess the authors' goal was achieved in letting us have an Adele experience.
The funny thing is that I'm her fan but I got an overdose of her lyrics such that I have not gone near her song since then. ?
Just that the story itself, well compensated for it.

-- 21 Jul 2017, 01:11 --
Darakhshan Nazir wrote:I have heard so much about this novel . Nice review .
It's one of the books of the month, that's probably why you have heard a lot about it.
You will definitely enjoy reading it
Voltaire, 1694-1778
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

I have read reviews on this book but have not yet read it. Sounds like a nice read and it's a shame the author overused the lyrics. Good to know you enjoyed reading it. Nice and honest review.
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

Thanks a lot for your opinion and nice comment. I hope you eventually get to read it so that we can compare notes. Cheers
Voltaire, 1694-1778
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

I will definitely read it.
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

Great Sis. Please do. Cheers
Voltaire, 1694-1778
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

Your review is very genuine and well written. I really like it.

-- 22 Jul 2017, 06:50 --

Your review is very genuine and well written. I really like it.
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

Thank you very much. I hope you will read the book too, so that we can compare notes.
Cheers!

-- 23 Jul 2017, 20:21 --

@kelebogile Mbagi, I hope you have obtained your copy of "a trip to Adele", it's worth a shot. Meanwhile, I just need this page to be active again. I need you all, my friends, to comment and keep it alive again. Cheers!
Voltaire, 1694-1778
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I have just read the book myself and have to agree that the story is something else! It's wonderfully different. What makes it more amazing is how Adele's songs neatly fit into the chapters. There might be some overkill, but hey, Adele inspired the book!

There were some grammatical lapses and confusing sentences but these were few and did not impact on my enjoyment of the story.

Insightful review, Ayosinmi. Cheers!
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

Miriam! You have just made my day.
You are right about the overkill. ? but once again, it didn't diminish the humor and lesson of the book.
It was quite creative of the authors actually, to have been able to match the lyrics with the storyline that way.
I love the story. I'm glad you do too.
Voltaire, 1694-1778
El-kanah
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-kanah.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by El-kanah »

Yeah, I love romantic stories. But what intrigued most about the book is its sentimental approach to female subjugation. All the same, thanks for the awesome review.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”