Review by CHL -- My Trip to Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CHL
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chl.html
Latest Review: "Can I Be Frank?" by Rob Wyatt

Review by CHL -- My Trip to Adele

Post by CHL »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My Trip to Adele is a fiction novel written by R. I. Alyaseer and A. I. Alyaseer. They are true-blue supporters of Adele who made a book based on her songs. That, in itself, is remarkable. How inspiring can Adele’s songs be for them to make this incredible narrative?

The plot revolves around 3 different stories bounded by their love for Adele’s songs and how they are influenced by it.

There was Elias, who, after eight years still cannot forget her love for Malika. Malika was a prostitute he met in his hometown. Her meeting with Elias and the promises he made to her fuelled her desire to better herself and get out of the stinking life she was in.

Then we have Yaser and Mariam, both oncologists, whose marriage were falling apart after several years into it. They started out filled with so much love for each other but after some time, Yaser’s being an atheist and Mariam’s being rock solid in her faith got in their way, so much so that they have to seek the help of a marriage counselor.

Finally, Nadia’s story was about her struggle of being a single mother and being a woman in her tribe. In spite of being in a modern world, she was still part of a traditional clan who thinks low of women, especially those who are divorced.

The main characters found comfort in listening to Adele’s songs and planned to go to her concert in Verona. On their way there, they made them realize a lot about their life, the previous decisions they made, their past, and their relationships.

I love this book. It was easy to read, comprehend, and relate to. Knowing that the authors are not native speakers of the language is a plus. There were only minimal typographical errors which were barely noticeable considering the plot’s smooth flow.

I love how the authors made it easy for the readers to understand each character’s personality and how they acted the way they did. I love how they reconciled the main characters’ relationships at the end of the book. I love the intense emotion and the suspense on the last chapters of the book when the characters were about to leave for the concert.

I tried to find faults on the book but aside from the minimal typos, I can find none. For the record, this was the first book I read nonstop and finished within the day. That’s how page-turner this book was for me. I even played the songs mentioned in the book while reading it. Oh, that was so much fun!

I’m glad the authors went on publishing this masterpiece after being rejected by traditional publishers because this deserves a 4 out of 4 stars rating.

My Trip to Adele
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like CHL's review? Post a comment saying so!
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Congrats to the author for getting 4 stars. Good to know you enjoyed reading this book. Sounds like an interesting read. Thank you for this nice review.
CHL
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chl.html

Post by CHL »

Rosemary Okoko wrote:Congrats to the author for getting 4 stars. Good to know you enjoyed reading this book. Sounds like an interesting read. Thank you for this nice review.
Very interesting, indeed. The idea that it was based on a singer and her songs captivated me and the details that come along with it held my interest so much that it was the fastest book that I have ever read upon joining this community so far.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”