Review by Rosemary Okoko -- The Expelled by Mois Benarroch

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Re: Review by Rosemary Okoko -- The Expelled by Mois Benarro

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Thanks Julius. When you get used to reading his books, you will enjoy them. I know how confusing they can be.
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

I was curious to see your view on this book given that you had reviewed a previous book of his and didn't give it a high score. This seems to be better in terms of story line and i really like the analogy of the bus story.
Thank you for dropping by my review.
Alicnim
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicnim.html
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing

Post by Alicnim »

Mois Bennaroch, his books feature alot to newbies on this site. Great review, but I vow to keep away from poetry, not my thing.
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Thank you Izesicle and Alicnim for commenting. This book is much easier to understand than the others.
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

Waw, sounds like a masterpiece, Rosemary, I like the creativity of the author, & he just might be right about writers' lives. haha. Great great review.
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Thank you geoffrey for pulling out that old review of mine and commenting on it! I really do appreciate. I find this author's writing style very interesting and unique.
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

Rosemary Okoko wrote:Thank you geoffrey for pulling out that old review of mine and commenting on it! I really do appreciate. I find this author's writing style very interesting and unique.
You're welcome
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Waragu Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 473
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waragu-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Waragu Samuel »

They were looked down upon and whenever the author tried to prove that he was from Morocco even by showing his identity card, people would not believe it and wondered why he was different and nice. The author says that in order to stop being different, he had to stop being born in Morocco, something that no one knows how to do yet, and if anyone knows, they have not shared it.
I will have to read this book. It sounds humorous just looking at this review. Thanks for the review.
“If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.”~Dr. Theodor Seuss Geisel (1904-1991)
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte Røddik

Post by Yoli García »

Sounds like an intelectual story about identity and oppression, which is are significant themes nowadays. Thanks for the review!
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

Since I first read a Mois Benarroch book, I'm completely hooked to his works. I like that the theme of emigration and discrimination is well tackled in this one.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Wow. Sounds like a thought provoking novel once you understand why the book was written!
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

I think Mois Benarroch'writing style very fascinating. The author's opus often revolves around his ancestral home. The Expelled is delvered with his usual dose of humour and uncommon imaginative storytelling. I guess this is a book to follow to the end.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
Festus G
Currently Reading: Mark of the Remaker
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Festus G »

The review is perfect.. It really captivated me and got me interested in reading the book.. Your review is so explicit that I can just already see myself reading the book... Can not thank you enough for writing this great piece of review...
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

Rosemary Okoko wrote: 22 Jun 2017, 00:53 Writers’ lives are so boring that the only thing that saves them from boredom is making up stories like young children who create imaginary friends and give them names to fill their world.
This is exactly the quote that stood out to me after reading the sample today. I think it's such an inventive and brave way to describe one's peers.
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
Hephzi Lolami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hephzi-lolami.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Hephzi Lolami »

Thanks for your review. It really shredded light into he question that has been hanging in the air. I love the authors way of thinking, because we don't get many nonfictional authors who want to do something unique that hasn't been done by others. The expelled is a great book and I would say it was easily understandable for me because, though the author wrote it in illusions, the message is clear to anyone that desires to truly understand them and what the author wrote is a reflection of what had truly happened; they had been expelled! Awesome review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”