Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Books and Reading » Reviews and Discussions about Specific Books and Series » Volunteer Reviews

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Review by jemgirl202 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.

Review by jemgirl202 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post Number:#1 by jemgirl202
» 24 May 2017, 17:17

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]

Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Review by jemgirl202
Share This Review

Raven's Peak is a gripping paranormal fantasy written by Lincoln Cole. The story begins by introducing Arthur, also called Reverend, who is voluntarily locked away in a secret prison. He proves himself to be dangerous and well known to the guards. When he visited by Frieda, he discovers that the only person he cared about has been killed. She was his adopted daughter, Abigail. Frieda uses this information to entice Arthur to come back to work, to go to the place where Abigail was killed. It is revealed that Arthur belongs to a group of demonic hunters and Abigail was the young girl he raised and trained himself. He goes to Raven's Peak and discovers that Abigail is not dead but under demonic possession. In order to save her life, he makes a deal with the demon and is taken to hell. This introduction immediately captures the readers attention and leaves them wanting more.

The story then jumps ahead five months and the readers are introduced to Haatim. He comes back to Arizona from India, after the death of his sister. He is well educated with a Masters in religion but since his sisters death, he is having a difficult time coping. On top of all this, he struggles to find what he wants to do with his life. However, his life takes a dramatic turn. He is approached by a mysterious man who needs his help. He claims he is being stalked and that his life is in danger. Haatim, looking for a change, agrees to follow his stalker. He is then attacked while following the stalker. He wakes up to find that the person who saved him, is none other than Abigail, the stalker he was following.

They have no choice but to trust each other. They both soon discover, The Ninth Circle (a demon society), is after Haatim. Abigail explains to him about how she belongs to the Order of Hunters that help with The Council's security and the safety of the world from the supernatural. Abigail is not only working for the Order but also trying to find out more about what happened to her adopted father, Arthur. She keeps investigating even without approval from the Council. This causes the Council to not trust Abigail.

Frieda tells Abigail, due to suspicious activity, she should head to Raven's Peak. Haatim and Abigail arrive there and discover a gruesome murder scene and conclude that this was not done by an ordinary demon. Soon the whole city starts going out of control. Abigail is determined to send this demon back to hell and discover where Arthur is no matter what the Council says. Abigail and Haatim are pushed to their limits trying to save the city and discover that this is only the beginning.

Raven's Peak will keep the reader wanting more! The story does seem to skip around and the reader must piece it together. However, the characters have wonderful chemistry. Even though they are dealing with evil and darkness, they manage to be witty and lighthearted to each other. Abigail is everything a reader wants in a female main character. She is strong, smart and determined. Haatim is very unsure about himself at first but grows in the face of evil and becomes a strong asset. The story is a fast-paced, heart-racing, page-turner that you will not want to put down! I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It received this score because it was thrilling and gripping. It doesn't get a perfect score due to the parts where the author seems to skip around too much. I am definitely interested in the sequel though!

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like jemgirl202's review? Post a comment saying so!
jemgirl202's Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
jemgirl202

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 10 Books
Goal Completion: 40%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Review by jemgirl202 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post Number:#2 by Swara Sangeet
» 30 May 2017, 07:46

Congrats on the review! I read this book too and found it gripping as well. I'm also eager to read the sequel. What a cliffhanger!
Swara Sangeet's Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Swara Sangeet

Currently Reading: Sandy's Story
Bookshelf Size: 205 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 7 Books
Goal Completion: 100%

Post Number:#3 by jemgirl202
» 30 May 2017, 09:14

Thank you! Yes, I agree. As I was on the last chapter and everything was wrapping up, I thought it was a little anti-climatic. But then that last page dropped the cliffhanger and I knew I was going to have to read the next one!
jemgirl202's Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
jemgirl202

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 10 Books
Goal Completion: 40%

Post Number:#4 by Tanaya
» 31 May 2017, 19:56

It is so refreshing when characters have good chemistry. I'm not a major fan of too much skipping around either. Thanks for the review!
Tanaya's Latest Review: "Tommy Two Shoes" by Rowena Womack
Tanaya

Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#5 by Czarmaine AM
» 07 Jun 2017, 22:29

I agree! Abigail is such a cool heroine. I'm excited to read the sequel as well. I hope it won't disappoint as this book set the bar too high! Thanks for the review!
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
(The Old Astronomer to His Pupil by Sarah Williams)
Czarmaine AM's Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Czarmaine AM

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 30 Books
Goal Completion: 120%