Review of Breksta's Academy

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Radvi Liux
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radvi-liux.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Review of Breksta's Academy

Post by Radvi Liux »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Breksta's Academy" by Natasha Quay.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Breksta's Academy," written by Natasha Quay, is a tale brimming with magic that will leave no one indifferent. Breksta and her mother live hidden in a small village, where life flows slowly and rhythmically until a troubled redhead woman appears, seeking a traitor and unable to wait for her revenge. Breksta's mother is brutally murdered before her eyes, leaving Breksta alone with nowhere to turn but to travel with the woman who calls herself Madam Director to her newly created academy, which eliminates people with magical abilities because they pose a threat to ordinary residents. At the academy, Breksta befriends Hestia, the director's daughter, and they become inseparable, but this does not change the director's attitude towards Breksta. After a massive earthquake, Breksta discovers something that might connect her to her mother, something that could solve all her troubles, but she doesn't even guess what lies within her or that she alone can save the world from destruction.

In this book, there were many things that I particularly enjoyed. Firstly, it was highly engaging; the action was neither sluggish nor overly fast-paced. You could see how the lives and mindsets of the main characters change as they grow. The characters are well-distinguished; each has something of their own and original; they are all different, but they are united by a common bond—the academy. I also appreciate that I didn't come across a single curse word; the author wrote everything in such a way that I didn't even notice until the end of the book that there weren't any.

Actually, there are no downsides to this book for me. The book seems professionally edited because I didn't find a single mistake. The ending wasn't exactly what I wanted, but the book was still worth reading until the last page. I think it would make it into the top ten of the best books I've read.

I give "Breksta's Academy" by Natasha Quay 5 out of 5 stars for excellent writing and absence of errors. I am confident that this book deserves only the highest ratings.

I would recommend this book to fans of magic. Although I can't say for sure, I think the book delves into the future, so it should appeal to fans of futuristic themes because it's full of various techniques that we don't have now. Also, the book doesn't have any erotic content, making it perfect for teens and kids.

Breksta's Academy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”