Review by AlwaysWorthIt -- Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AlwaysWorthIt
Currently Reading: The Serial Killer Files
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwaysworthit.html
Latest Review: "Gilligan's Toy" by Janice Smith

Review by AlwaysWorthIt -- Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga...

Post by AlwaysWorthIt »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga Book 1) by Janet NcNulty, is a sci-fi fantasy, action, adventure world with all the twists and turns a reader can expect from a short story four-part series. It beings with the betrayal by a man who claimed to love Rynah, the young lady from Lanyr, a world beyond the sights of Earth. The book quickly jumps into action with Rynah traveling the universe with an unlikely crew of four obtained from Earth, by Solaris, the ship Rynah obtains. The ship is filled with a fierce womanly attitude that assists in the mission set forth by the myth of the crystals. Solaris brought the crew aboard, bringing them through time and space, a Script, a Viking, a Teenage girl, and an Inventor.

The universe they travel is filled with worlds of no life, to worlds of new beginnings, to those with technology generations past anything we will ever know on Earth will be explored not for the exploration, but in search for the crystals only believed in myth by most. Except, every myth has a beginning and that myth is becoming truth as the crew on Solaris fights tooth and nail to gather the crystals spread across the vast universe.

I enjoyed that the book was fast paced, filled with action every couple of pages, and created worlds and aliens that were intriguing. Also, the ending reminded me of an episode on the sci-fi channel, it gave a perfect wrap of the book leaving the readers satisfied as well as giving a mysterious twist making us want more.

However, I did not like that the book was undeveloped. Maybe that is just me looking for something guided more to the adult fantasy readers, but even as a young adult understanding the characters and the world is important for the growth of a book. It appeared the book was, action, dialogue, a sentence of lull and back to action. The details were scarce and the depth was less than fair.

The author did well in creating a whole new universe filled with newly developed worlds. However, the book lacked depth, which lead to a lot of work on the readers’ part to fill in the blanks. The book also seemed to follow in the footsteps of many other stories, leaving many action scenes predictable. Overall, I would rate this book a 2.5 if I could, but since there is a want for more of the story, I rate it a 3 out of 4 stars and would recommend Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga Book 1) by Janet McNulty to anyone looking for an easy, short read filled with fast action. On the other hand, if you are looking for a longer, detailed, unpredictable, adventure, I wouldn’t say this book is for you.

Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like AlwaysWorthIt's review? Post a comment saying so!
It's Always Worth the Read.
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Great review. I also read and reviewed this and thought it was underdeveloped. Maybe it is to allow for building in the other books in the series. This is just the first out of four books in the series.
AlwaysWorthIt
Currently Reading: The Serial Killer Files
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwaysworthit.html

Post by AlwaysWorthIt »

Thank you. I'm hoping that it is as you say, "allow for building in the other books...". The book was decent, fast, and fun, but needed more. I'm thinking about reading the other books. I have slight OCD and once I start, I have a need to finish. Besides, I love to read young adult novels and give my reviews to my school teacher friends. It helps them build an in class. library.
It's Always Worth the Read.
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

That's so cool. The most sharing I do of my review is with my close friends and family. My friends are uni students steeped in textbooks so they have no time for reading for fun. I am going to be a uni student myself this summer. Hopefully, I can still manage to be a reviewer here regularly.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”