Review by Shanant -- My Trip to Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shanant
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanant.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

Review by Shanant -- My Trip to Adele

Post by Shanant »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My Trip to Adele is a novel by R.I. Alyaseer and A.I. Alyaseer that revolves around three individuals: a devoted lover, a divorced mother, and an unhappy married couple. These characters are on a journey to break away from everything that has anguished them. It is their love for music that urges them to attend Adele's concert in Verona, Italy. This is the story of three imperfect but likable people.

Elias is a Moroccan man living in Rome. He realizes that a black magic spell was cast upon him but then starts to doubt if it was truly the cause of the breakup between him and his long-lost love Malika. He decides to search for her in Marrakesh after 8 years of separation.

Nadia is a single mother in Jordan, fighting her abusive ex-husband to secure freedom for herself and her son. Her dream is to take her son to see his idol, Adele.

Yaser is a married man living in Los Vegas. He and Miriam have been married for eight years, but they are not getting along well. While trust brought them together, it is now causing them to drift apart.

The authors Rana and Ahmad Alyaseer were obsessed with Adele's latest album, 25, so they went to her concert in Verona. The two were inspired to write this novel.

I really liked the fact that the authors used Adele's song lyrics as the titles of each chapter. It is a creative idea and it connects the book together as a whole. I felt sorry for the divorced mother who tried to fight for her and her son's freedom. The characters are passionate and intelligent, deep thinkers. They struggle in difficult situations, but even so, they will still keep trying.

This book was translated from Arabic to English. I noticed that there were many spelling mistakes and I found it hard to pronounce some of the words. The ending was a little rushed.

This story is in for a hardcore Adele fan because there are many music references throughout the story. If you are not an Adele fan, the story may be boring for you. I would also recommend this book to a person who is into short romance novels. Overall, I rate My Trip to Adele by R.I. Alyaseer and A.I. Alyaseer, 3 out of 4 stars. I would give it a partial 3.5 rating if I could.

My Trip to Adele
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Shanant's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”