Review by stacihunsinger -- Wrong Turn, Right Guy

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
stacihunsinger
Currently Reading: Defending Jacob
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacihunsinger.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: 1400698987

Review by stacihunsinger -- Wrong Turn, Right Guy

Post by stacihunsinger »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wrong Turn, Right Guy" by Haylie B. Fox.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wrong Turn Right Guy by Haylie B. Fox has it all! Perfect Italian Vacation….check, nagging constantly upbeat Mother….check, everything that could go wrong does….check, meeting the PERFECT guy only to find out he is completely unobtainable….check!

This book is a romantic comedy to say the least. At times the main character Teresa got on my nerves and I wanted to slap her, but then there were times that I felt sorry for her. If it wasn’t for her bad luck, she would have no luck at all. Karma is a bugger! Perfect house, perfect job, perfect life and then CRASH!

So, let’s start at the beginning. Teresa and her mother are on their way to Italy for Teresa’s best friend’s wedding. It’s the prefect get a way and time to spend with friends and family, but everything takes a turn for the worst. Between delayed messed up flights, getting lost in the Italian country side, stranded in one town, and meeting Mr. Right Teresa goes from perfect vacation to disaster vacation in the blink of an eye.

The story was very slow to get into and for me it continued that way throughout the book. There were many times that I was really amazed that Teresa was still alive. Accident prone doesn’t even begin to describe this woman. The book is written in the first person, which I did like very much. It gives you an in depth look at Teresa as a person and what she is feeling, dealing with and mentally going through throughout the entire story. You learn though Teresa that even though life is all that it should be, perfect job, perfect guy, perfect life, are you really truly happy?

The struggle with life is real and Teresa learns this first hand. Everything can change in the blink of an eye and if and when that does happen are you ready to change with it? She shows you that life is not always sunshine and roses and that bad things do happen to good people, but always remember that no matter what be thankful for what you have and learn to roll with whatever life hands your way.

I give this book 3 out of 4 stars. The reason for this is that although I did think the book was written well, I just had such a hard time getting into it and even after finishing it I felt let down. I do recommend this book to anyone looking for a simple romantic comedy. I would consider it a type of light reading.

Wrong Turn, Right Guy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like stacihunsinger's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”