Review by csuigar -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
csuigar
Currently Reading: Silence Breaking
Bookshelf Size: 855
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csuigar.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Review by csuigar -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by csuigar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

From the very beginning, Raven’s Peak by Lincoln Cole managed to suck me right into the story line. At first, I wanted to know what exactly had the Rev done, and why despite it all he was still willing to help them. Then it was the conspiracy, who’s playing who. George. Who was he really? A blind person could tell that he was bad news, but was there more to this apparent low-level scum bag?

This book was about several things. Firstly, the impact of family bonds; how far would you go for those you held dearest. Secondly, faith; during difficult times we lose our faith, and then sometimes when we least expect it, it appears in full force. Thirdly, second chances; when your reputation is destroyed and people no longer believe in you, it does something to your spirit. Lastly, good vs evil; it does exist, and yes there is a constant battle.

This is not a love story, at least not in the romantic sense. However, this is a story about the love of your family and the battles that you will engage in if it meant making your family whole again. Abigail was raised by Arthur who taught her everything about the life they were a part of. Through this life, they were parted, not once but twice, and she is doing all that she can to reunite them. Along the way she meets Haatim, who is unknowingly a part of her world and most recently a pawn in a game she may have to play to get Arthur back. The deeper you go, the harder it is to tell who you should really trust.

There was nothing that I didn’t like about this book. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.The storyline was great, the characters were great, and the writing was superb. This combination allowed me to absorb myself totally into this book. My absorption was so complete that it took me a little under 2.5 hours to complete this read. What I liked least was that it ended on a cliffhanger guaranteeing that I would purchase the remainder of the series if need be, just to find out how this all ends.

This book is most likely to appeal to those who enjoy the supernatural, good vs evil sagas, preternatural, and some religious enthusiasts. Basically, persons with an open mind. If you are a person who is most likely to conform to societal norms this is not for you, unless you wish to debate why this is all hogwash.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like csuigar's review? Post a comment saying so!
Romayamalik
Currently Reading: Land of Two Seas
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Romayamalik »

This story has some thing different in it....we all the time talk about love relationships but.
What is our first love or our priority. No one really understands the true meanings
Of love .that we only get from our family. Sice child hood till death
.In this story writer actually mentioned this truth.. That I like THE Most.
jayfiro
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by jayfiro »

The character Haatim is really a real life concept of who a hero should be
KEHINDE
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by KEHINDE »

The genesis, Raven’s Peak by Lincoln Cole managed to suck me right into the story line. At first, I wanted to know what exactly had the Rev done, and why despite it all he was still willing to help them. Then it was the conspiracy, who’s playing who. George. Who was he really? A blind person could tell that he was bad news, but was there more to this apparent low-level scum bag?

This book was about the impact of family bonds,how far would you go for those you held dearest,faith; during difficult times we lose our faith, and then when we least expect it, it appears in full forceand also when your reputation is destroyed and people no longer believe in you.. Finally, good vs evil; it does exist, and yes there is a constant battle.

This is not a love story, at least not in the romantic sense. However, this is a story about the love of your family and the battles that you will engage in if it meant making your family whole again. Abigail was raised by Arthur who taught her everything about the life they were a part of. Through this life, they were parted, not once but twice, and she is doing all that she can to reunite them. Along the way she meets Haatim, who is unknowingly a part of her world and most recently a pawn in a game she may have to play to get Arthur back. The deeper you go, the harder it is to tell who you should really trust.

There was nothing that I didn’t like about this book. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.The storyline was great, the characters were great, and the writing was superb. This combination allowed me to absorb myself totally into this book. My absorption was so complete that it took me a little under 2.5 hours to complete this read. What I liked least was that it ended on a cliffhanger guaranteeing that I would purchase the remainder of the series if need be, just to find out how this all ends.

This book is most likely to appeal to those who enjoy the supernatural, good vs evil sagas, preternatural, and some religious enthusiasts. Basically, persons with an open mind. If you are a person who is most likely to conform to societal norms this is not for you, unless you wish to debate why this is all hogwash.
mercy wangechi
Currently Reading: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mercy wangechi »

great review. Abigail is a selfless and courageous woman who is trying bring Arthur back from hell. She works for a Council as a hunter and the Council doesn't trust. I love how Abigail and Haatim interact throughout the book and I feel she was able to open up to him and by being loyal she made him gain enough strength to move on.
Right from the start, the suspense in the novel is evident, it makes you want to flip the next page to see if what you dread has happened. One thing consistent in the novel is the fact that there is a lot of evil in the world, and everyone can do something to fight it.congrats to the author.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”