Review by KasieMiehlke -- Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
KasieMiehlke
Currently Reading: The Hidden Village
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasiemiehlke.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Review by KasieMiehlke -- Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by KasieMiehlke »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Patrick is down on his luck. He has just been fired and on his way home his car broke down. He suddenly hears a cry for help and plunges into an icy river to save a young girl’s life. A case of mistaken identity throws him into a massive police investigation. Danger is lurking around every corner. Kidnappers, murderers, terrorism, and trafficking become a constant presence. Can Patrick remain level headed as the investigation forces him to face his past? Can a family survive the terrible tragedy that envelopes them?

The author, Rene Natan, has turned her love of storytelling into a prolific career. She has won multiple awards and has several books published. She has an amazing ability to capture the reader’s attention and Lemoncella Cocktail is no exception. She created multidimensional characters that are extremely relatable. The precision that she describes the locations and events throughout the book transported me into the story. This book has inspired me to read more of her works.

The best and worst qualities of humankind are present throughout this book. Greed and wrath drive the antagonists while the protagonists make their choices based on love and morality. Desire is a force that is present on both sides of the characters. Desire to find the criminals and the criminal’s desire to escape creates a battle of wills. The good versus bad aspect of the book will allow the message to survive the test of time.

Two major crimes that are becoming more and more prevalent seem to be the major factor in Lemoncella Cocktail. Natan does a great job at showing how trafficking and terrorism are often intertwined. She also shows the dangers that are faced by both the people committing the crimes and those who try to capture them.

I give Lemocella Cocktail by Rene Natan 3 out of 4 stars. It is a gripping thriller that kept me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end. There were several incorrectly used words, flu instead of flew, and also several missing words. I believe that another round of editing would correct these problems and would allow for a perfect score. Natan does a great job at making her characters relatable and creating realistic events. Overall I found this book to be extremely well laid out. This was a fantastic read and I will not hesitate to recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great who-done-it story.

Lemoncella Cocktail
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like KasieMiehlke's review? Post a comment saying so!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Thanks for the background information on the author. It was very helpful.
tigersox
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by tigersox »

I give Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Tatan a 3 out of 4 stars. The plot twists had me guessing what was going to happen next. Did notice some spelling issues. It was an overall enjoyable book to read since I had a hard time putting it down.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”