Review by Jessica Samuelsen -- Wrong Turn, Right Guy

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jessica Samuelsen
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-samuelsen.html
Latest Review: "Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)" by Mois benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Review by Jessica Samuelsen -- Wrong Turn, Right Guy

Post by Jessica Samuelsen »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wrong Turn, Right Guy" by Haylie B. Fox.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Teresa Vadney is looking forward to witnessing her best friend's nuptials in Italy. She's looking forward to the few weeks of vacation she will get. It's her first in twelve years! Her job gives her an ultimatum her job or her trip and she chooses her trip. She's nervous about being jobless on her trip but turns it into a time of much-needed self-reflection. She ends up meeting a guy and staying in Italy learning more about herself. She's itching to work again and is faced with the problem of balancing work with her personal life. Will she get it right this time?

Wrong Turn, Right Guy is a mostly heart-warming romance. The book is more about self-discovery than it is about the romance. Teresa embarks on a journey to find what she really wants out of life. In losing her job she realizes she has sacrificed a lot of her life for little return. She takes her time in Italy to really find out what she wants in life. Along the way she finds love but unlike other romances love isn't the whole answer to Teresa's questions. This is unique for a romance.

One of my most favorite parts of the book was the setting. The setting will take you away. Mostly set in Italy there are lots of landmarks and tourists scenes described. It's like taking a vacation in a book. The descriptions were detailed enough that it draws the reader end. It's a nice book to read if you are looking for an escape.

The character development was a little off. The main character was a little on the selfish side in the beginning of the book. In the middle of the book you see a little bit of change then the character reverts back to some of her selfish ways. The growth of the main character was disappointing.

Some things that I didn't like where the romance of the book doesn't even start until a quarter of the way into the book. Which leaves the plot lacking. This paired with the lack of character development, left me not caring for the book very much. It wasn't so terrible that I won't talk about the book. The romance that the book ends with is a redeeming quality. The supporting characters were a little better developed than the main character. It would not be on the top of my list to recommend to people. With that, I give this book 2 out of 4.

Wrong Turn, Right Guy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Jessica Samuelsen's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)" by Mois benarroch

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”