Review by Acwoolet -- For the Love of Suzanne

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Review by Acwoolet -- For the Love of Suzanne

Post by Acwoolet »

[Following is a volunteer review of "For the Love of Suzanne" by Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

For the Love of Suzanne written by Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill is a time-traveling romance novel about a young woman with a turbulent love life who is left alone, confused, and pregnant after her husband passes away unexpectedly. Through a freak accident Suzanne is flung back into the year 1860 leaving her at the mercy of a handsome stranger. While struggling to understand life in a time hundreds of years before her own, Suzanne is filled with anxiety over her pregnancy and attempting to return to her own time before the baby is born.

For the Love of Suzanne begins with Suzanne contemplating leaving her husband and not so great love life, when her husband dies suddenly. While taking a drive through the desert trying to figure out what she is going to do once the baby is born, Susanne careens back through time leaving her car in a blaze of fire and no way to get back home to her century. There to witness the accident is Cody Black Fox, a man caught in between two worlds of his own; the white man’s world of his father and the Chiricahua Indians of his mother. Knowing that she would die alone out in the desert, Cody sets out to take her back to his home along side the Chiricahua Indians. However, his conscious sets in when he realizes that she would be in danger there. This action takes them off on an even more turbulent adventure that neither would have ever believed possible. Through many misfortunes and mishaps Suzanne and Cody form a bond of two outcasts while struggling to return Suzanne home before she goes into labor, possibly endangering her and her unborn baby.

Although occasionally For the Love of Suzanne has the feel of an archetypal romance novel: it is a quick, fun read that has more than enough twists and delightful quirks to keep the reader enchanted. I fell in love with Suzanne and Cody all the while loathing the people who wished them harm. I truly couldn’t find anything to criticize about the book; it was well written, well edited, and thoroughly delightful.

I found Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill’s writing to be charming and well thought out. There is excellent character development and plot progression that keeps me wanting more. She was able to pull me in from the beginning and made me wish that it wasn’t over long after I had finished. I look forward to reading what she writes in the future.

I give For the Love of Suzanne 4 out of 4 stars; the book is charming and delightful which will leave any reader rushing to find out what happens next. Romance and non-romance fans alike will enjoy this novel with its time jumps and plot twists. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a quick, fun read that will leave you with a sweet feeling in your heart.

For the Love of Suzanne
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Acwoolet's review? Post a comment saying so!
Utpal K Khot
Currently Reading: Green Lady
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Utpal K Khot »

Who would not want to read a Romantic Novel over the weekend? and when it involves time Travel, it adds more spice. Looking forward to read it. Congrats on being the BOTD. :)
near
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4578">When Leaves Fall</a>
Currently Reading: The Sword and the Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by near »

Her husband died. In my perspective it is deserve, but if I put myself in suzanne shoes it is regrettable indeed for her husband to die in that kind of accident. hoping to read more of this. Congratulations. It's definitely intriguing.
Magomepacha
Currently Reading: The Limitless Real Estate Leader
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Magomepacha »

Romantic life,interesting,emotional,captivating,wonderful mental travel,well written book,For the love of Suzanne by Laxmi. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys romantic ,mental travel thrills,rushing one to find out what happens next.
Mtsweni Nelsy
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsweni-nelsy.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Mtsweni Nelsy »

Looking forward to reading the book, the review is persuasive enough. Thanks Acwoolet!
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

Your review is enough to push people to read this novel . Very well written
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Abdulrahamal Juma
Currently Reading: The Touch
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by Abdulrahamal Juma »

It is a great book which has been well written. Anyone who loves romantic novel it's the best option for them.
Titus Michael
Currently Reading: River's Remorse
Bookshelf Size: 47

Post by Titus Michael »

I smile each time I come across romantic books. They are really interesting. Lovely review
mrbukuen
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">Rocky</a>
Currently Reading: Death on Demand
Bookshelf Size: 117

Post by mrbukuen »

this must be a good romantic novel so far,and I must not miss to read it
Xteen
Currently Reading: Heartaches
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xteen.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Xteen »

This review makes me really eager to read this book and I feel left out or like I'm missing out on something great. It's a must read for me!
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-0719672189.html
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing

Post by 0719672189 »

Thanks for the great review,i really love romantic novels.
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing
kenteju34
Currently Reading: For the Love of Suzanne
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by kenteju34 »

I found Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill’s writing to be charming and well thought out. There is excellent character development and plot progression that keeps me wanting more. She was able to pull me in from the beginning and made me wish that it wasn’t over long after I had finished. I look forward to reading what she writes in the future.

really it was like expecting something more better than the imagination
patienceese
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by patienceese »

I love romantic novel, the story is interesting that one always thinks what will happen next, the characters well chosen. the book which is well written. This book is persuasive, it is a quick fun read that has more enough mental trapping, funs twist details. I recommend this book to readers who love romantic novels
Ajsa1970
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Ajsa1970 »

I am a very into romantic novel. The storry is interesting, easy to read, it makes smile on my face, highly recommend!
silasmwas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by silasmwas »

Amazing and very creative to the author of this book. i wish to know what suzzane will go through after she deliver her baby. I recommend all readers to read it and enjoy.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”