Review of Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kirui Collins
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirui-collins.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Review of Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book

Post by Kirui Collins »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book" by Kalliope Barlis.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Are you a golf player? Do you want to start practicing golf? This book is a good one. The author gives us the skills to practice to be a great golf player. She defines the brain as a physical part located within the skull of your head that science has proven to have neural pathways. The mind is not physical and includes thoughts that can be changed at any time to change the pathways in your brain. She speaks of the Neuro-Linguistic Program, which recognizes that everyone can change for the better because we all possess the resources needed to do so. This makes us more aware of how we think.

To be a great golfer, the skills to work on are reading putts, being creative, observing distance, how to hold the club, chipping, focusing your eyes, playing in reverse, practicing more, landing the target, maintaining balance, aim, and alignment. Get yourself a copy of this book to understand how these skills function. What made the author a pro golfer was the loss of her brother. She learned that life is to be treasured, and you ought to strive to achieve what you want.

I love the simple language used in the book. This made the book easy to read and understand. The book also has a few pages, which makes it fast and interesting to read. The way the author has organized her plot is fascinating. The book is divided into three main parts, which handle using your brain and mind, practicing golf, and playing golf. These three parts have been discussed in detail and divided into several subtopics. This made the book flow well. I was also able to relate the author's teachings on being a great golfer to what we handle in our daily lives. Our thoughts affect every aspect of our lives, and we should always think positively.

There is nothing to dislike in the book. I was able to fantasize about the steps that the author gave for playing golf, even sidehill, uphill, and downhill. The author gave it in detail, and this took me to the golf field. She also gave me questions to ask myself about the game. This made me stop and think, as it was engaging. The picture illustrations were very thoughtful of the author. It made me understand more about what she was saying. All these positives, together with the flawless editing, make me give this book a perfect rating. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.

I recommend Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis to all golf players. It gives proper guidance on being a pro golfer in a short period of time. I learned that the quality of practice we put into something determines the outcome, and we are the universe, not part of the universe.

Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Husnain Jarral
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-husnain-jarral.html
Latest Review: Let it Be by Thomas Grady

Post by Husnain Jarral »

Your review was both informative and well-articulated, making it a valuable guide for potential readers. Thank you for sharing such a thoughtful analysis—it added depth to my understanding of the content.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”