Review by mommyreadsbooks -- For the Love of Suzanne

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mommyreadsbooks
Currently Reading: Unspeakable Acts
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mommyreadsbooks.html
Latest Review: "Once A God" by Victor A. Wilkie
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by mommyreadsbooks -- For the Love of Suzanne

Post by mommyreadsbooks »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "For the Love of Suzanne" by Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

For the Love of Suzanne by Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill is a fictional book that is a mixture of historical, mystery and romance. It begins when we meet Suzanne Dillon, a young woman who has only loved one man, her husband. We find out fairly quickly that she is with child. The baby was conceived on a night Suzanne wishes she could forget. You see, her husband is not a good man. He works hard, but is an alcoholic and is not faithful to his wife. When he discovers Suzanne is pregnant, he doesn't get excited, but angry and that is when we get to see the real "Beau Dillon". A fight breaks out among the two and for the first time Suzanne stands up for herself. She wants him out of the house now and for good. He walks out the door, never to return.

Beau Dillon is dead. Suzanne, even though her husband was evil, she still loved him. She must push forward though because now her reason to live was growing in her stomach. She continued to work at a local diner, despite her morning sickness. One weekend she wanted to take a break and just get away for everything for awhile, which prompted a spontaneous trip into the desert, were she ends up taking a trip of a lifetime.

During her road trip, Suzanne is somehow transported back in time. She comes face to face with a man on a horse, who had apparently saved her life. Cody Black Fox. He is not your Average Joe. He was in fact an Indian Agent who had never seen a woman quite like Suzanne or the death machine in which he found her in, better known as her car.

Suzanne and Cody endure a lot of trials together through out the book. It is a very interest read. Time traveling would be very difficult to write about because I would assume that you must do research into that particular time period. This author, however did a really good job transporting you into the late 1800s. She was descriptive about the clothing that both the "whites" wear as well as the Indians. Also, in the last bit of the book, during the winter scenes, the way she describes the cold even gave me a chill right along with them.

I really enjoyed this read, which is way I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I liked getting to know the characters (I even liked Boris) and falling in love with Cody right along with Suzanne. He was very swoon worthy. It was very well written, I did not notice any errors. The ending was very nice with no cliffhangers, but I was left with a few questions.

For the Love of Suzanne
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like mommyreadsbooks's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Once A God" by Victor A. Wilkie
gurpreetkaur
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
fav_author_id: 26410

Post by gurpreetkaur »

Very nice review mommyreadsbooks. I like this type of different story. I already kept this book in my shelf and I will read it soon. Thanks. :techie-reference:
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Great review. Not my cup of tea but sounds like a great story.
near
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4578">When Leaves Fall</a>
Currently Reading: The Sword and the Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by near »

A suddenly change in story, it makes me curious what happened it the real world and the world she was in!! thanks for the sample. The review almost covered the beginning of the story, still worth it cause it makes people want to read what would happen next.. a job well done.
Titus Michael
Currently Reading: River's Remorse
Bookshelf Size: 47

Post by Titus Michael »

Story of love. I always smile each time I read books that has to do with love. Your review is really interesting.
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

I have heard about this book but never read it. But, I am thinking to read it after reading your review. Thanks for a great review.
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
PIerce32265
Currently Reading: Never Say Never - Free Preview
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by PIerce32265 »

Suzanne love her life before she meet Beau dillion cause that is was a bad dream she couldn't get rid of like a bug.cause he abuse her,suzanne was glad that her husband had die cause she was a prisoner in her on home.Suzanne meet cody and butterfly begin t he here was love in the cause Suzanne never felt love in a long time from no one.Cody didn't know about the baby right away Suzanne told him later long.Coming out of a relationship from abuse husband she didn't know what love was until she meet cody.Cody now show her what it feel like for someone to fall in love with one another.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”