Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Omimi Tejiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omimi-tejiri.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Omimi Tejiri »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz is the first book in the "We are Voulhire" series. The plot centers on Galen Bray's arrival in Magnum Caelum after leaving the Lands of the Princes to take over his great-uncle's steel forge business. Galen is thrilled to leave the War of the Princes and travel to the magnificent world of Voulhire. The King of Voulhire executes land lords who offend him. Voulhire is a one-of-a-kind kingdom that was given everything it needed to succeed. There was no excuse for any kind of failure with all of the resources they were given. The world is filled with terrorists, monarchs, mages, knights, evil, and corruption. There is evil and corruption, so how can the world be perfect?

What I liked about this novel was the author's creation of the entire world. It is evident that Matthew Tysz did a superb job of both making and conceptualizing this book. A map at the start of the chapter enables the reader to identify and assess the chapter's location. This is also useful to comprehend the logistics and the length of time it takes the characters to go from one location to another. Another thing I liked about this book is that a reference guide to the book's terminology and names is also included. Since the author thoroughly describes every scene, I didn't utilize it; however, other readers could find it useful to gain more knowledge about this world.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. I give this book a maximum rating of 5 out of 5 not only because of the good storytelling ability of the author but also because I didn't find any errors.

The editing was impressive, and I recommend this book to any free-spirited individual who loves a great storyline.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

I found this book to be so creative and well-planned. There were a lot of characters and storylines to follow which was a bit challenging. Other than that, it was very entertaining. Thank you for your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”