Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Achor Chinemerem
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-achor-chinemerem.html
Latest Review: Philosophy from the Mud by Erik Quisling

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Achor Chinemerem »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Winners are ordinary people with extraordinary determination. Have you ever wondered about a book that will boost your quest for determination? This book by Matthew Tysz marks the end of your search.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is an intriguing blend of science fiction and fantasy that takes readers on a journey of self-discovery and exploration of a complex world. Galen voyaged from his war-prone homeland to Voulhire. This kingdom was governed by King Wilhelm Arcolo. His journey was to inherit his deceased uncle’s forge. As a refugee escaping his war-torn homeland known as the Lands of the Princes and finding himself in the advanced country of Voulhire, Galen's experiences allow readers to empathize with his journey of adaptation and self-realization. Tysz skillfully explores Galen's growth and transformation as he learns about Voulhire and unravels the mysteries of his origin and humanity's relationship with the universe. Read this amazing text to know how Galen turned out to become a pivotal part of this strange kingdom.

The book impresses with its intricate world-building. The nation of Voulhire is depicted in great detail, showcasing its advanced knowledge and technological advancements. Tysz's vivid descriptions immerse readers in a fully imagined environment where a diverse array of characters harbours a variety of secrets and clues. The interplay between the ambitions and motivations of these characters adds depth and intrigue to the narrative. I love how the author seamlessly weaved together elements of magic, science fiction, and fantasy.

I must, however, discuss the things that could be done better. At times, the novel’s pacing felt inconsistent, with certain chapters moving at a slower rate than preferred. An occasional slowdown hindered the overall momentum of the story, potentially causing readers to lose some engagement. Tightening the pacing in these instances could enhance the overall reading experience. Structuring the novel into chapters would have been more captivating.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I'm pleased to report that I did not find any obvious typos or grammatical errors. The book reflects commendable attention to detail and professional editing, contributing to a polished and immersive reading experience. I will recommend the book to fans of magic, science fiction, and fantasy. In contrast, I wouldn’t recommend the book to a sensitive or young audience due to the violent and murderous scenes.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nneka Maureen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nneka-maureen.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Nneka Maureen »

I enjoyed reading this review. The reviewer took me on a journey while I read. I congratulate you on a job well done. Galen is one of the beat characters to ever be written.
Enjani Matendeko
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjani-matendeko.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Enjani Matendeko »

A book that will boost my quest for determination? I'm intrigued. Galen I guess must be the character to teach me this. Seeing as he moved from a war-torn area to somewhere better. His story might pique my interest.
Jevonte Malik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jevonte-malik.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Jevonte Malik »

This happened to be the first book I ever read on OBC, and I must say it was a great pleasure. The theme of magic has always been something that intrigued me.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”