Review of The Cult Next Door

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Helen Davis 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-davis-1.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Review of The Cult Next Door

Post by Helen Davis 1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Cult Next Door" by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I give The Cult Next Door a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. This is a very interesting read. I couldn’t put this book down. I have always been interested in human behavior and how the mind works. I love how the authors share this intimate and important information with their readers in an engaging way.

This book is very easy to read and written in a way that makes it easy to digest the information. I definitely recommend it for anybody who might be in a similar situation as well as people who are into psychology.

I enjoyed reading the profiles and recognizing similarities in each member of ‘The Group’. It’s fascinating the way our minds can be tricked into placing another person’s beliefs over scientific facts.

Before reading this book, I didn’t realize how easy and common it is for people to unknowingly get sucked up into a cult or following. It always raised awareness that this type of thing goes on all the time right under our noses & has me interested in what I can do to help.

I now have a better understanding of how some people operate and why they do the things that they do, even when they don’t make sense. This is a very educational read.

The Cult Next Door
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”