Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victoria Elizabeth Apili
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-elizabeth-apili.html
Latest Review: That's what Ed said by U A Dumas

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Victoria Elizabeth Apili »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Galen Bray is rescued from the lands of the princes by his uncle Galen Onita. Galen moves to Magnum Caelum in the kingdom of Voulhire and inherits his uncle’s property and blacksmith business. Having heard many exciting things about Voulhire the kingdom where all the tools are provided to build a perfect world and where people have no excuse to fail, Galen sets out with his uncle’s executioner Rowan to rebuild his life and become successful. Unknown to Galen, the perfect kingdom of Voulhire faces danger and a growing cocktail of problems. From the rebel group the Riva Rohavi to the feared mage Meldorath imprisoned on an island, Voulhire is increasingly unstable.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is beautifully written with great descriptions of scenery and interesting characters. I enjoyed reading it a great deal and got lost in the world of Voulhire. I loved the fantasy world Tysz created which was full of possibilities. I also loved the beautiful messages applicable to everyday life hidden in the book. A great example was what Galen’s grandmother said, “see the good in everything and the best of it will find you.”

There was nothing I disliked about We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies. Everything in the book was relevant and important. I felt sad about some parts of the plot, but it was all part of the story. The book also has many powerful and inspiring characters like Whilhelm, Eldus and Galen. Reading the book was an adventure in itself.

I give We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. Tysz created a beautiful kingdom with breathtaking landscape and admirable people. I could picture the book as a movie. When it ended, I hadn’t had enough yet. I was glad that it was book one of the We are Voulhire book series. I look forward to the next book!

If you love fantasy stories, you will love We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies. There is magic and the unexplored world of Caromentis that few know about. I found it very interesting and intriguing. I also recommend it to all who love suspense and action-packed stories. The plot is very interesting; full of significant moments and characters on the move. It is also the first book in the We are Voulhire book series.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”