Review of Grand Slam Life

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jah Thomas
Currently Reading: Butterfly Awakens
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jah-thomas.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Review of Grand Slam Life

Post by Jah Thomas »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Grand Slam Life" by Milton Haber, M.D..]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Grand Slam Life: A Physician Gets COVID, Finds His Way, and Works to Transform a Texas Community by Milton Haber, M.D., is a heartwarming memoir of how Milton Haber devoted his time and resources to his patients to improve their well-being and quality of life. The book delved deep into Haber's early years, providing vivid descriptions of his humble beginnings, the challenges he faced, and the unique story of how he ended up in medical school. He has always been a doctor who cared for his patients. However, after contracting COVID-19 himself and becoming a patient, he found a new way of approaching life.

What I liked most about this book was that Haber candidly shared the sacrifices he made and the lessons he learned along the way. His reflections on perseverance, self-belief, and the importance of maintaining a balanced life serve as valuable life lessons. The beginning of each chapter had quotes, and these quotes offered some sort of motivation or insightful commentary, which was fitting and much appreciated. I also liked how concise the book was, which made it a quick read. Furthermore, the book was exceptionally well-written and edited.

There is one minor criticism of the book. At times, the narrative felt slightly rushed, particularly when covering certain periods or events in Haber's life. However, this does not detract significantly from the overall impact of the memoir and the wealth of knowledge and inspiration it provides.

Overall, Grand Slam Life is a captivating book. Thus, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. Haber's determination and unwavering commitment shine through every page, making this an engaging story that shows his genuine passion for medicine and clinical research.

I would recommend this book to aspiring doctors and anyone seeking inspiration from a life lived with dedication and purpose. Also, any reader who likes memoirs and a quick read.

Grand Slam Life
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”