Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Max Tiffany »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The pursuit of power can be alluring, causing individuals to go to great lengths to attain it, regardless of the consequences it may have on others. This was evident in the land of the princes, where the thirst for power led them to neglect the people they governed, plunging them into poverty. Unable to bear the suffering and warfare in his homeland, a young man named Galen sought refuge in a country called Voulhire, a prosperous nation known for its wealth. There, he found employment as a blacksmith in his late uncle's company with the help of Rowan. However, Galen soon discovered that Voulhire was not without its own set of challenges. To learn more about his journey and adjustment to this new environment, I encourage you to pick up a copy of this book.

Meanwhile, in the town of Hillport, a Voulhire general named Meldorath declared himself lord without the consent of the king. Known for his cunning and formidable magical abilities, Meldorath insisted on being addressed as "Lord Meldorath." However, he was eventually apprehended for conducting gruesome experiments on innocent people. To unravel the fate of Meldorath, you'll need to delve into the story and read.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies, penned by Matthew Tysz, weaves together elements of action, politics, magic, and science to create a captivating work of fiction. Despite being the first installment of a series, the book offers a comprehensive narrative, with the author taking care to develop each character. Tysz's vivid descriptions of combat scenes and the engaging dialogue between Lord Eldus and Meldorath are particularly impressive. Furthermore, I was pleasantly surprised by the author's thorough explanations provided at the end of the book. To fully savor the intricacies of this tale, I dedicated ample time to reading it, ensuring I didn't miss any crucial details.

One minor concern I had pertained to the author's use of certain terms, which I initially found excessive and unclear. However, my concerns were alleviated when I discovered the glossary of terms at the end of the book, which provided much-needed explanations. Additionally, the character of Lord Eldus struck me as complex and realistic. It reminded me of the ever-changing nature of humans and their capacity for inconsistency. With impeccable editing, I found no errors in this book. For its suspenseful narrative and valuable life lessons, I give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

For fans of fiction and fantasy, particularly adults who appreciate explicit storytelling, I wholeheartedly recommend this book. Its enthralling narrative will undoubtedly leave readers eager for more.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”