Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eleni Antonopoulou
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Assassin's Apprentice
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eleni-antonopoulou.html
Latest Review: Story, Story by Alicia Marsland

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Eleni Antonopoulou »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies is the first installment in an epic fantasy series by Matthey Tysz. The main protagonist is Galen Bray, a refugee from the faraway Lands of the Princes, who has inherited his uncle’s property in the kingdom of Voulhire. This book follows the adventures of Galen as he strives to get accustomed to the Voulhirian way of life and get over his painful past. As the story unfolds, new characters are added, from King Wilhelm of the Voulhirian kingdom and the Chancellor Midius Maido of the Mianoran Council to the host of the rebellious Riva Rohavi, Vidius Crodai. The narrative follows each of these characters and how their actions shape the world around them.

This first book in the We are Voulhire series does a wonderful job of introducing the reader, along with Galen Bray, to the wondrous Voulhirian kingdom. The world development in this book is absolutely captivating, and it seamlessly integrates with the plot, creating a cohesive and believable environment for the characters to navigate. The author’s imagination shines through the kingdom he has built, and the sense of wonder it evokes is remarkable. The story is told from many different perspectives, and each chapter is dedicated to a specific character. As a result, the reader is given a comprehensive understanding of the kingdom as a whole and a unique insight into the minds of its leading figures. The writing style is fluent and engaging, and the transition between the different timeframes and Voulhirian provinces is seamless.

Additionally, the characters in this book are incredibly well-developed and multi-dimensional. They have authentic personalities and distinctive traits and qualities that make them memorable. Their thoughts, emotions, and hardships are portrayed beautifully, adding depth to the characters and rendering them much more relatable. Needless to say, I found it incredibly easy to connect with their experiences and emotions. Moreover, our main protagonist, Galen, undergoes remarkable personal growth throughout the book, slowly but surely unveiling his personality, making meaningful connections with his newfound companions, and continuously striving to become a better person. I firmly believe these astounding characters are the gems of the masterfully created world of Voulhire.

In conclusion, We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies is a memorable book. A captivating world setting, a unique cast of characters, and an exciting story make the first installment in the We are Voulhire series a must-read for all fantasy lovers. On top of that, it is an exceptionally well-edited book, as I did not encounter any errors while reading. I have no negative remarks against it because I absolutely adored every second of this novel. As a result, my rating is a perfect 5 out of 5 stars. I am eager to dive into the kingdom of Voulhire in the books to come and discover more of the secrets of this incredible world!

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
When you can't beat the odds... Change the game. 🖤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
No mourners. No funerals. 💰 🗡️ 🎲 💣 🥞 🐺
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”