Review of The Date Farm

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Silva Wesley
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesley-silva-1.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Review of The Date Farm

Post by Silva Wesley »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Date Farm" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Terrorism is portrayed as one of the most critical challenges facing us in today's world. In my opinion, the greatest love you can show your nation is by standing up to it in the battle against terrorism. In this book, terrorism and romance coexist. Vacationing at Lara's family farm was pure joy for the two couples until a phone call cut their trip short.

The following day, Lara and Uri flew to Los Angeles. In a Los Angeles mall, there was a mass murder. This horrible atrocity claimed several lives and damaged a few people. No hints or pieces of evidence were left out, so the administration is still in disbelief over the scenario. Uri and Lara, an FBI agent, oversaw this inquiry. After the initial shock of this tragedy subsided, everyone began to feel a little better. The Federal Reserve Bank and the Manhattan Bank in New York were the targets of another attack. Upon hearing this, Lara and Uri immediately hurried to the location, discovering that the terrorists were pursuing a rare metal rather than the riches in the bank. What is this rare metal? To know better, read this book.

This book was enjoyable to read and packed with information. I could understand this one despite having just read the fourth installment of the Lara and Uri series. The novel, in my opinion, can stand alone. The author gave readers a good understanding of the Middle East. Indeed, I gained a lot of knowledge about the Middle East. Because the characters were well-developed, they sounded genuine. I must congratulate the author for his work in producing this book. This novel has a lot of suspense and charm throughout.

Although I found this book to be intriguing, I must admit that it has some problems. Books without table contents are not my favorites since they are challenging to read. The lack of a table of contents in this book made it challenging to pick up where I left off. The author's plot, in my opinion, was weak. According to the account of the mall attack, Homeland Security was the first to arrive. I must mention that the ambulance service should be the first to show up. This book was error-free. The book was edited thoroughly.

The Date Farm by Jack Winnick gets a rating of 4 out of 5 stars from me. These issues I mentioned above prevented me from giving this book a perfect rating. I suggest this book to anyone who enjoys suspenseful and thriller books. I enjoyed reading this.

The Date Farm
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”