Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dealogically
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dealogically.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the things that really matter by Mark Gumbrell

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by dealogically »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is set in Voulhire, a country ruled by King Wilhelm. Throughout the story, the focus is on the southern parts of Voulhire, Magnum Caelum and Hillport. After a tragedy occurs in Hillport, Lord Eldus Alderman is sent there to set things right. At almost the same time, Galen Bray from the Lands of the Princes came to Magnum Caelum to replace his uncle in managing the business.

When I first saw this book, I thought it was an alternate universe with a sci-fi genre. But after reading, this is my favorite fantasy genre. With magic and royal spices, this book is able to make me feel amused while reading. At the beginning of the book, the author provides a map and explanation of the location and character background for the needs of the story, accompanied by a link to the author's website for a deeper explanation. I really appreciate this; it really helps me understand the story better and helps me visualize the scenes in the book. Although, while reading, I was confused because of the large number of characters and locations, it's not a problem. Maybe it's because this is the first book in the series and I'm not familiar yet with the setting of the story.

I really like the way the author writes in detail, so I can immediately imagine the scenes in the book, which also makes it easier for me to understand the situation in the story. This book gets 5 out of 5 stars from me. There are no writing or technical errors in this book, so I know it has been professionally and well edited.

I also can't wait to read the continuation of this book. I still feel curious about the antagonist and protagonist in this story. I recommend this book for fantasy fans, but it may not be suitable for younger readers because of the book's level of violence.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Blackstenius
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackstenius.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Blackstenius »

The many characters and locations brought me a little confusion but the story was generally enjoyable, owing to the author's excellent narration skills and great world-building.
The gift turned out to be a curse. They killed him with kindness.
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

I agree with you. I think it is a very well-planned and executed book to read. I found the sheer volume of characters and information a lot to take in, but his creative writing and humorous narration was delightful.
dealogically
Currently Reading:

Post by dealogically »

Blackstenius wrote: 30 May 2023, 04:23 The many characters and locations brought me a little confusion but the story was generally enjoyable, owing to the author's excellent narration skills and great world-building.
Agreed; it took me some time to go back and forth between the map and the chapters. The map really helps.
dealogically
Currently Reading:

Post by dealogically »

Kelly Tunstall wrote: 30 May 2023, 08:03 I agree with you. I think it is a very well-planned and executed book to read. I found the sheer volume of characters and information a lot to take in, but his creative writing and humorous narration was delightful.
Yes, this makes me want to read the next book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”