Review of The Legacy of Job's Wife

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ashwini Sirisena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashwini-sirisena.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Review of The Legacy of Job's Wife

Post by Ashwini Sirisena »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Legacy of Job's Wife" by Cynthia Koelker.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I simply loved the book. It was an emotional read. Koelker's narrative was amazing. I would have liked to see Job's last 3 daughter's names in the book as per the bible, as Koelker had gone to the extent of naming all the characters in the book who don't appear in the book of Job. The last 3 daughters name's on the other hand does appear in the book of Job. Other than this I saw no flaws. Retelling of the well known story of the bible and portraying the love that Ix'ses and Job had between them from the time they were children, and the relationship they shared with their families and friend's, going beyond the biblical aspects was truly beautiful. Job's absolute trust in God and Ix'ses struggling to come to terms with his faith, her incapability to forgive their friend's, and the transformation she undergoes once she does, has been captured perfectly. The heart break of losing her children more than anything else that she lost, the dark abyss of near depression she was in, was a beautiful read and had me in tears for the most part. Also the emotional turmoil she was in when Job was wasting away was a heart breaking read. Even though I knew what was to come, reading about the hurdles she had to pass before getting there was insightful and is an example for everyone. It would be a good read for couples who go through the heart break of losing a child and feel the compulsion to leave each other when one is struck with a debilitating illness or financial difficulty. They can learn so much. Job's story is always insightful for Christians who go through a test of faith and this book can also be very helpful to them. I give this book a 5 out of 5 for all those reasons and also for not having grammatical errors.

The Legacy of Job's Wife
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

I absolutely loved this book too. It is thought provoking and really gives a different perspective on how we read the stories in the bible. I would read it again in a heartbeat.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”