Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sasha Bhim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sasha-bhim.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Sasha Bhim »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is a science fiction fantasy tale set in the medieval era, known as the golden ages, with its focal point in the land of Voulhire. Voulhire is a realm filled with enchantment, conflict, political intricacies and camaraderie.

The narrative comprises a diverse array of characters, some driven by an insatiable hunger for power, intending to inflict terror upon the people of Voulhire, while others strive to construct a more prosperous community and aid their fellow inhabitants. To offer comprehensive insight, the story unfolds through the eyes of various characters, including the recently appointed Lord of Hillport, Eldus Alderman, and his children, King Wilhelm, the sovereign of Voulhire, and Galen Bray, who is said to be the principal hero of this series. Galen traverses from a war-ravaged land known as the Land of the Princes to a new township, Magnum Caelum, upon inheriting his late uncle's estate and business. As he settles into his new surroundings, Galen embarks on a journey of acquainting himself with the towns of Voulhire, forming new friendships along the way. Unbeknownst to him, hidden dangers lurk in the vicinity of Magnum Caelum, which he will eventually encounter.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies serves as the inaugural installment in a nine-part series of novels. In this book, readers are introduced to the cast of characters, provided with their backstories for enhanced comprehension, and witness the initial development of the overarching plot. To fully explore the wonders, conflicts, and magical narratives that await in Voulhire, readers must commit to engaging with all nine books.

Personally, I found immense enjoyment in this book. Its enthralling beginning immediately captivated my attention. The author, Matthew Tysz, adeptly invests attention in each character, rendering the reading experience thoroughly gratifying. Particularly commendable is Tysz's efforts in explaining the terminology employed within the narrative, thus giving a more comprehensive understanding of the book's world, locations, and characters. The incorporation of humor, drama, and the unfolding storyline thus far is exceptional.

It is worth noting that this book is not a leisurely read. To grasp the multifaceted occurrences and perspectives presented, a measured pace is recommended, as the author frequently transitions between various characters and events, which might otherwise result in confusion. Furthermore, I perceived that the central plot could have been introduced earlier, yet I understand the author's intention of generating anticipation for forthcoming installments.

I would rate this book with 4 out of 5 stars. It serves as the inception of an extraordinary adventure brimming with magic that could either be the downfall or salvation of the realm. The book is skillfully crafted and well-edited. I cannot wait to read the next books and see what happens next.

It is important to note that this book contains instances of profanity and violence. Furthermore, while not explicitly explicit, there are occasional sexual innuendos and jokes. Readers who are sensitive to such content should exercise caution. However, those who relish immersive, extensive, and enchanting medieval adventures will undoubtedly find this book to be an ideal choice.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”