Review of Paris in the Springtime

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Stones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonchika.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Review of Paris in the Springtime

Post by Stephanie Stones »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Paris in the Springtime" by Susan Aylworth.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The thing about life is that what you think you want is not what you need, and then life creates different opportunities that make it difficult for one to stick to their original goal. Paris knew what she wanted when she went to the town where she grew up, but in the book Paris in the Springtime by Susan Aylworth, life gave her an opportunity that made her question her decision.

As Paris went back to Destiny, she realized that she missed her family and that the break was needed due to what took place at her former place of work, but she knew the town was not the place for her. Destiny found a way to surprise her in the form of Greg, a person she developed feelings for when she was in high school. She never expected that he'd enjoy her company and want to know more about her, but her decision to leave the town kept her relationship with him on edge. Will Paris be able to stick to the initial plans she had in mind, or will she accept the plans life had in store for her, which came in the form of Greg?

I have read a lot of romance novels, and one thing I found to be unique about Paris in the Springtime by Susan Aylworth is that it focused fully on building the love between Greg and Paris without having to resort to more profound things such as sex and pleasure. This book showed the readers that there's more to life than having sex to realize your feelings. I love that the author made both Greg and Paris grow and that they learned so much from each other. I also loved that Greg was willing and ready to accept the flaws in Paris. Furthermore, I loved that he was willing to make so many sacrifices. This indicated that Greg knew what he wanted in his life and was not completely ready to let it go. I also happened to love how Paris was willing to work because she knew the kind of life she wanted for herself and was not ready to depend on anyone.

I feel that one can learn a lot from this book, and hence I could not find anything to dislike about it. The few lessons I do feel that readers can learn from this book are how to appreciate the family and support one has because it's not something that should be taken for granted. Another lesson is that there can be so much more to romance than sex and pleasure. The book was professionally edited, and I would rate it 5 out of 5 stars for the way the author displayed what romance is all about and for the incredible lessons I got to learn from the book.

I would recommend this book to those looking to understand what love is all about. I do believe that those finding it difficult to appreciate their family and the support granted to them should pick up this book.

Paris in the Springtime
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
reviewerbook17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerbook17.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by reviewerbook17 »

I love romance novels and the simple ones can just be the best. This is a very simple romance book and I love how well the review was written.
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

This is a touching and a beautiful romance novel. What I like about this book is that I found their relationship to be very mature and I like the things you pointed out

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”