Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
David Offdavis
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-offdavis.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by David Offdavis »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In Michelle Cummings' novel, The Reel Sisters, we are privy to the account of five women who embark on a fishing journey that strengthens their bond and transforms their friendship into one of sisterhood. The group comprises Sophie, Amanda, Veronica, Rose, and Melody. Meeting by chance, these women go through life with this sport gluing them together. With life giving each of the women a taste of lime, how do they navigate through it all in each other's company and with each other's help? Find this out when you read The Reel Sisters.

The Reel Sisters is an inspiring and touching story of friendship, sisterhood, and the enduring power of relationships. The book reminds us that, despite the challenges we may face, there is strength in leaning on those closest to us and that supporting each other can create a lifelong bond. Michelle Cummings employs a unique narrative style in this novel. The chapters alternate between the perspectives of each woman, providing readers with a detailed view of events through each of their eyes.

The book is beautifully written, and the way the different characters come together to form a cohesive and supportive sisterhood is truly heartwarming. One of the best things about the book is how it educates readers about fishing. I also appreciated the author's promotion of flyfishing without harming or killing the fish. As I progressed through the book, I began to understand the reasoning behind the women's preference for catch-and-release fishing. They described the peacefulness and tranquility that come with spending time on the river and the satisfaction derived from immersing oneself in nature. The descriptions of fishing locations and techniques provide a sense of adventure that adds another layer to the storytelling.

While reading the book, I must admit that I didn't dislike anything about the story. It is a fascinating read about the power of female friendship, the joy of fishing, and the beauty of the great outdoors. While it may not appeal to all readers, those who already love fishing and the outdoors will undoubtedly enjoy the book and its vivid portrayal of flyfishing. Hence, I recommend it to them.

The book is an excellent reminder of how important it is to take a break from our hectic lives and immerse ourselves in nature's calming embrace. I found the book to be exceptionally well edited, as I encountered no errors during my reading experience. Consequently, I rate it a perfect 5 out of 5 stars. It deserves the perfect rating I gave it, and it also deserves for me to read it all over again.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rachel Sade Scherer
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-scherer.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Post by Rachel Sade Scherer »

Thank you for this review - female friendships are powerful, and it isn't often that stories about them take place in the great outdoors. Your review makes me interested to learn more about this story and the author.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”