Review of WIND

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Review of WIND

Post by Kelly Peter »

[Following is a volunteer review of "WIND" by Ellen Dee Davidson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Katie heard the oak tree speaking to her from the window side while Mr. Pinski was lecturing the kids. She relayed the message about the oak tree to Mr. Pinski, and all the kids started laughing. After school, Katie and her friend Amy walk home together. Amy informed Katie that other kids think she is also crazy for hanging out with her. At home, Katie could also hear her cat Sasha alerting her to danger involving the earth, but she was unable to fully comprehend what the animal was trying to say.

When the earth suddenly began to tremble and heave, Katie fell through the crack and ended up in a cave with an alien named Za. Za told Katie that they were trapped between planets. Diana, a mysterious woman, helped Katie and Za exit the cave. They were approached by Za's guardian, who informed them that Za must travel with Katie on a quest and that they won't return to their respective homes until the quest has been completed. Did Za and Katie succeed in their mission? Katie, did she ever get home? Grab a copy of Wind by Ellen Dee Davidson to learn more.

Even though this book is intended for children, the story captivated me from the first chapter on. I enjoyed the suspense in this book because it was impossible to predict how the story would end. I keep reading because I want to find out what happens at the end of the story. I admire how Za and Katie support one another during their journey, and after reading about their journey, I realized how crucial cooperation is when on any kind of mission with a partner.

Nothing about this bothered me in the slightest. The characters were uniquely well-developed, and the story is engrossing. Ellen Dee Davidson's book Wind is entertaining and inspiring, and I enjoyed every page of it. I'm giving this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. It has been incredibly well edited; I didn't notice any grammatical errors.

Children between the ages of seven and ten should read this book; they will have no difficulty understanding it, and they'll benefit greatly from its good moral lessons.

WIND
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”