Review of Devil Among Us

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Devil Among Us

Post by Proof Readar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devil Among Us" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Americans and the Jews are under the sinister plan of the Islamic terrorists. Much American blood has been spilled over the years, especially during the terrorists' operation, which took place on September 11, 2001. The terrorist raiding continues, as the Bar-lev family sets out into the Orthodox Synagogue of New York City, disguising themselves as Orthodox Jews and pretentiously joining in the Yom Kippur services to cause a suicide bombing.

While the terrorist sects and allies, such as Muhammed Amin al-Husseini, rejoice over the bomb blast, the FBI Lara Edmond and Uri Levin, a Mossad agent, are fully aware of the terrorists' repeated operations as ominous to the entire world; hence, they take it upon themselves to identify the culprits and see how to put an end to the terrorists' deadly raids. Read in the book Devil Among Us to witness how the two braves, Lara and Uri, beat through all detective complexities while fighting to realize their ambition.

Devil Among Us: Lara and Uri Book 2 by Jack Winnick is an action thriller filled with suspense, tension-inducing scenes, and murder. It tells of the saga of two protagonists who selflessly took it upon themselves to rescue the Americans and the Israelis from the Islamic terrorist who seems unceasingly determined to wipe out all Israelis and as many Americans as possible.

First, the plot in this story is an intriguing and informative piece. I love the idea of using your strong will and intelligence to help save lives. This is evident as the protagonists stressed themselves both mentally and physically to save parts of the world. This brave attitude shown by the protagonists makes the plot an intriguing one. Second, I must commend the author for how he masterfully weaves the events and scenes of the plot to paint the reality surrounding each character and the events in the story. Jack's descriptive prowess is superb, and it allows me to read the book with convenience and in an entertaining atmosphere. The third-person perspective allows the author to describe the characters' gestures well, and this peculiarity made me visualize the nature of the characters while reading. As I am a lover of action scenes, the book doesn't compromise on engaging me in an action-packed and tension-inducing reading experience.

Furthermore, the author is able to build each character distinctively. I was able to experience the role and nature of each character, such as Yehudi Bar-lev, the only son of Saul and Esther Bar-lev. I was also awestruck by the many research works and historical knowledge that have been used in writing this book. The author's knowledge of the Middle East and their dealings with the United States, starting from the character names to the names of geographical places and physical features like churches, shows optimum knowledge of Jewish culture, as well as the well-known peculiarities of Islamic terrorists. Precisely, I found myself grinning at the author's naming of characters, as well as names of traditions, such as Yizkor, Saul, Husayni, Bat Mitzvah, etc.

The book earns a rating of 5 out of 5 stars from me. I didn't find anything to dislike in this great international thriller. The author shows historical knowledge and proves that the book is written masterfully by a genius of storytelling. I didn't notice a grammar error in the book, so it is said to be exceptionally well-edited.

To audiences who love action scenes and steady pace storytelling, I recommend this book. If you want well-described scenes and characters, as well as a thrilling writing style, and you don't mind seeing brutal killings, kidnappings, missile attacks, and bombings, you will love your reading experience.

Devil Among Us
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: Heart and Harmony: Poetic Reflections on Legendary Singers by Archie Luper

Post by Obc Contentor »

This book is recommended to me. I love action scenes and the plot described in this review proves the book has many fighting scene with tension-inducing writing tone. Thanks for your recommendation.
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

When you indicated that the author seems to conduct extensive research to develop the terms and the plot of this novel, it gave me hope that the story would be educational without sacrificing the requirement to be entertaining as well. Great book, as it were.
Christabel Ify Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-ify-benson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Christabel Ify Benson »

I'm intrigued by the inclusion of military terminology and appreciate that it was used accurately. This shows that the author did their research and adds to the book's authenticity.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”