Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
west sokari tomipapamieari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-west-sokari-tomipapamieari.html
Latest Review: At Vitoria by Marcia Riman Selz

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by west sokari tomipapamieari »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The fantasy series We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz explores the complex nature of the human psyche and the lengths to which a person will go to attain their goals, whether good or bad.

With the sincere aim of accomplishing the objectives of the mission, two individuals set out on separate missions to carry on a legacy. To carry on his great uncle’s trade, Galen Bray, a lowlife exile from the warring Lands of the Princes, set out to collect the inheritance left to him in the more developed kingdom of Voulhire. Galen only needed to practice discipline, tenacity, and insight to succeed. In contrast, King Wilhelm dispatched Lord Eldus Alderman, a dependable and devoted friend, to Hillport to hide his deception but with the misguided hope of causing their economic decline to coincide with that of other Voulhirian cities. Despite all the odds, the judge-turned-Lord Eldus was determined to give his people new hope and mend the wounds left by the crimes of his forefathers, Lords Orlin and Meldorath. As the ultimate price was fully paid and the evil, which the monarch had tolerated and suppressed, won, this decision did not go without bloodshed. It is impossible to overstate how harmful having a double standard and being unsure of yourself is.

It is admirable how imaginative the author is. The reader is left in awe by the magic characters’ acts in this book. An atmosphere of terror is created by the detailed descriptions of violence and brutality. I can’t help but feel the brutality of how Lord Orlin was lynched and burned alive or of Lord Elnus’ vain attempt to flee from the Rivas when they had the upper hand. The novel’s entertainment value and ease of understanding are also positioned between these two opposing emotions. By methodically combining concurrently occurring events chronologically, the author made it clear which character was whose.

I disliked nothing about this book. It was exciting and action-packed.

I gave the book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. There were no unnecessary narratives in the book, which helped to build and maintain my sense of anticipation as I read. The depth of Matthew Tyzs’ imagination was specifically communicated. I can’t wait to read the next book in this series. The book was exceptionally well-edited and error-free. I strongly recommend it to anyone who likes history, battle, philosophy, or fairytales.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I found it a challenge getting to know the different characters and their backstories, but Tyzs' commitment to building an entirely new universe was astounding. It was not a light read, but it definitely was a fascinating one.
Favour Alade Boluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riam333.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Favour Alade Boluwatife »

This is an amazing book that talks about numerous characters. My favorite character is Galem who happens to be the main character of this novel. Find out how he moved to another town and how he coped in his new environment
Book owly
Favorite Book: The Raven Boys
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arakhsh-qanit.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Book owly »

I have read many reviews about this book. Your summarised the story very well , easy to understand. I can't stop imagining about this kingdom and the things that happen there in mind. Thank you for the review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”