Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Passenger of Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-passenger-of-life.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Passenger of Life »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Emperor of Lullabies had his eyes set on his sons' lands. Their subjects once enjoyed peace and progress until these sons started fighting each other. The war had been ongoing for many years and would probably continue for many more. Rowan came to tell Galen that he had inherited property from a distant relative. Galen was glad he would finally leave his country, ruled by a prince who cared only for his selfish gains. That was how Galen Bray got to Voulhire. That was his new beginning, and he promised to make it count. He had suffered for years, and now was his chance to get a stable life. But it seemed like life had a different thing in store for him. Life was determined to turn Galen into an adventurer. That was why it let him discover a curious material that forced him to travel to Yamon Soul. That was where they met Demiterius. This trio would go on to learn that although Voulhire was beautiful, some evil people would love nothing more than to see it burn.

It will interest you to know that this book is the first in that We are Voulhire series. I feel good about this series. If We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies can be this great, then the other books in this series will be more than fantastic. I say this because I could not believe how real Matthew Tysz made everything he wrote about in my mind. His description was more than perfect, as he did not shy away from giving details about the tiniest things in the story. I did not dislike anything about this book.

I liked Rowan's relationship with Demetrius most in We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies. Rowan is an incredibly annoying man, and Demetrius is reserved. You can imagine the kind of conflict that arose in that group. Rowan bothered Demetrius, whom he fondly called Demi, every chance he got, so much that I began to fear for his safety. It did not help my little heart that Demetrius knew how to wield magic and could quickly blast Rowan into oblivion should he decide to. Even though their relationship seemed weird, I knew they loved each other. It warmed my heart that they would look out for each other despite their differences.

The whole story was amazing. The suspense in We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies made me want to jump over any object I could lay my eyes on. The excitement held me down and threatened to choke my life out. I absolutely liked this book and did not see any negative things to write about. The editing was done exceptionally well too. Matthew Tysz outdid himself in this book. Since I liked this book, I have rated it 5 out of 5 stars. A lower rating cannot be given to We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies because of how much I liked it.

As the first book in the We are Voulhire series, We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies served as a mere introduction to Voulhire and its problems. So, it has fewer actions or conflicts between characters. That did not mean it was not interesting enough. It was indeed an excellent read. It had magic and the prospect of adventures yet to come. I recommend it to readers who enjoy books about magic, war, survival, and adventure in a land filled with people of varying beliefs and cultures.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”