Review of East Wind, 2nd Edition

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Salah2580
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah2580.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Review of East Wind, 2nd Edition

Post by Salah2580 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "East Wind, 2nd Edition" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I've read a variety of books on terrorism and intelligence, but I have to admit that Jack Winnick's East Wind, 2nd Edition, should be your first pick for a book that will have you on the edge of your seat the entire time.I occasionally think about the reasons behind religious terrorism and potential fixes. While being fiction, this book has a way of making you more grounded in reality and giving you a reason to pause and reflect on the potential harm that terrorism has caused to society.

A Hezbollah agent stormed an Israeli school after Hakim el-Fazikh on a Sabbath evening, killing everyone but one pupil, Yaakov, who was left to relay the tale. Uri was able to recognize Hakim as a boyhood friend after reading Yaakov's report, which allowed him to find Hakim's hiding place and destroy it. Uri found a few documents with the word "opera" written repeatedly in Arabic after killing Hakim. What could "opera" possibly mean? Will it aid in preventing terrorism? Learn more by reading this book.

This is the first novel I'm reading in the Lara and Uri series, about which I've heard a lot. It's worth all the hype and praise, I have to say. Given the profound teachings found throughout the book, I must applaud the author for a job well done. Despite the fact that this book is about terrorism, it also has themes related to love, relationships, sacrifice, patriotism, bravery, intelligence, dedication, and smartness. Through these, I learnt a few things that I may use in my everyday life.

First off, I must congratulate the author on using a writing style that made reading the book entertaining, compelling, simple to follow, and easy to grasp. Another feature of this novel is its unusual plot, which likewise keeps readers on the edge of their seats the entire time. The characters are well-developed since it is simple to recognize them.

After carefully reading this book, I was unable to find any reasons to dislike it or any aspects that were troublesome; hence, I don't feel negatively about it. Also, I found no typos or grammatical mistakes, which suggests that the book was flawlessly well-edited and merits a perfect score of five out of five stars. I would suggest this book to anybody who enjoy thrillers, series, and anyone interested in learning more about religious terrorism.

East Wind, 2nd Edition
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”