Review of Devil in False Colors

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
olorimov
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olorimov.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of Devil in False Colors

Post by olorimov »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devil in False Colors" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Their innocent laughter was silenced forever, their tiny hands stained with blood, and their bright futures extinguished instantly. The act of terrorism that took these children's lives in Devil in False Colors, authored by Jack Winnick, is a cruel reminder of the darkness that lurks within our society and the devastating consequences it can bring. The opening of Devil in False Colors sends shockwaves through the world as a horrific massacre claims the lives of five innocent children at a Jewish preschool in California. The authorities quickly attribute the attack to Arabic-speaking terrorists, but as the investigation unfolds, a tangled web of espionage, international terrorism, and forbidden love is revealed.

Israeli national Uri Levin, one of the most famous Mossad assassins, is sent undercover to assist Lara Edmond of the FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force in the investigation. Lara Edmond is a fiercely independent national security resource, expertly piecing together information with her mastery of technology. Uri Levin, a seasoned Mossad agent, provides valuable insights to the FBI with his tough and resourceful reputation. Uri assumes the identity of a businessman to get more information. As they work together to unravel the truth behind the terrorist attack, they encounter numerous challenges, including international terrorism, Iran's nuclear threat, and Russia's involvement.

I am impressed with this novel's ability to capture my attention from the beginning. The opening scene of a vicious massacre that leaves five children dead at a Jewish preschool in California drew me in immediately and kept me hooked throughout the plot. Another aspect of the novel I enjoyed was its geopolitical outlook. The author did an excellent job weaving historical events into the plot, making the story feel more grounded in reality. The themes of religiously motivated international terrorism, Iran's nuclear threat, and Russia's role were particularly intriguing. Lastly, I enjoyed the fast-paced thriller aspect of the book. The action scenes were well-written.

I have to say that this book is exceptionally well-edited. I didn't encounter any significant grammatical or typographical errors that would detract from the reading experience. This novel is an absolute delight, a work of literature that leaves nothing to be desired. From beginning to end, this novel is a masterful work of fiction, flawlessly executed and expertly crafted. I have found nothing to criticize or dislike about this novel.

I recommend this literary masterpiece to any reader who finds solace in the enthralling narrative of a suspenseful thriller that delves into the intricate and multifarious dynamics of global terrorism and geopolitics. With its gripping storyline and exceptional editing, Devil in False Colors is a highly entertaining novel. The pacing is fast, and the action sequences are well-structured. After thoroughly enjoying every aspect of this novel, I have no hesitation in giving it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

Devil in False Colors
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”