Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alva2000
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alva2000.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Alva2000 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz is a historical fantasy/science fiction novel that follows the story of a young man named Galen Bray. Galen's life takes a turn when he receives news from his great-uncle in Voulhire, a place that will become his new home and where he will start a new life managing his uncle's business. However, his journey is not an easy one, as he has to face a variety of challenges along the way.

The novel's storyline is intriguing, but unfortunately, the author fails to deliver it in a coherent and engaging way. The events take place in a fantasy world, but the author has yet to describe that world in detail. I can't imagine some of the circumstances surrounding the character, as well as a deeper understanding of this world. After reading the book, I have to read it again to fully understand the world in the book, which is both positive and negative because in this day and age, not many people have the patience to re-read the book that makes them confused. The book suffers from a slow pace, with many chapters being tedious and laborious to read. Additionally, the characters are poorly developed, and their roles in the story are not clearly defined.

The book is bombarded by characters that demand to be understood, but their motives and intentions are often vague and unclear.

Despite these flaws, the author's writing style is okay, but I don't know if it's because English is not my native language, but I feel that this book is a bit difficult to read because it uses unfamiliar words. However, if the reader is a native speaker, I think these words will make it easier for them to imagine the character's situation. In addition, there are times when the story is told from another character's point of view; during transitions like this, it's quite vague, and I confused the time and space of the story.

One of the book's redeeming qualities is its plot twists, which keep readers engaged and interested. The connection between the various characters and their motives adds a layer of mystery to the story, and the reader is left guessing until the end.

In conclusion, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" is a book that has its strengths and weaknesses. The storyline is intriguing, but the execution is flawed. The characters are poorly developed, and the pace of the book is slow. However, the plot twists keep readers engaged. It is best to read this book twice or more to fully appreciate the diversity and vastness of this world. For the above reasons, I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. If you read this book twice, you will be less confused.

Finally, I think this book is suitable for young people aged 15 and older because the content of the book is somewhat complicated and confusing. I think if this book were written a little longer, it would be better.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”