Review of Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dalia Chf
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dalia-chf.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Review of Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids

Post by Dalia Chf »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids" by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul is a children's book that tells the story of a little girl who dreamt about Jesus showing her heaven and hell. Emma tells her parents and her sister Bella about her dreams, describing how she experienced both worlds and how they made her feel both happy and afraid. The book is full of biblical teachings, but it revolves around how a child experiences faith in order to teach it to other children.

What I particularly liked about this book is the purity and naivety with which Emma lives through these dreams. It is clearly meant to be a book for children, written by a child. The authors used very simple words and short sentences. Each part of the story was accompanied by very simple drawings that could help a child better imagine this abstract world. The scarier descriptions of hell are very raw but easy to digest as they are accompanied by much longer descriptions of heaven. All in all, it is the perfect book for teaching children about faith.

I can't say that there is anything negative about this book. Being of a different religion myself, I would not read this book to my nieces and nephews as a Muslim. The foundation of all monotheistic religions is perfectly described in this book: If you do good in your life, you will go to heaven; if not, you will go to hell. However, this does not mean that this book is suitable for people of all faiths. It is full of drawings of Jesus and other prophets like Noah, which is not accepted in all religions. The concept of the Trinity is explained several times and it is repeated that Jesus died as punishment for the sins of man. These are very specific Christian/Catholic ideas, so parents of other religions should be aware of them.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. Although it is not suitable for all religions, I cannot deny that it is very well written and that it is the perfect book to teach Christian children about faith in God. The story is easy to understand, the drawings are perfect for engaging children, and the book is undoubtedly exceptionally well edited. I could not find any grammatical errors in it.

I would recommend this book to all Christian parents who want to educate their children about God and the concept of life after death. Not only is it a good book to introduce children to the concept of faith, but it is also a great tool to teach kids how our actions in this world can affect everything in this life and the afterlife.

Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Vedaste rutagengwa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Vedaste rutagengwa »

:lol: :x Oh very excited through this story, even me I'm very happy to read this book as parent will help me to teach My children and neighbors, about spiltiuarty

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”