Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Moo Reny »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Dream for Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah has 644 pages in its pdf version, is dedicated to his mother, was first published in French, and has seventeen chapters. The book starts with a prologue, a picture of Dr. Ghoulem Berrah, and a tribute to the author.

The author was born in Northeastern Algeria. Speaking about his childhood journey to university, the author gave much information about where he grew up. His mother was an intelligent woman. Even after his father died, she ensured the author had a good education. When the author was growing up, children in school were taught the history of France and its culture but nothing about Algeria, their own country. He was a strong anticolonialist despite being exceptional academically in university. He took active roles in his student union activities and was arrested on several occasions for political activism. What became of Dr. Ghoulem Berrah and his future? Did his efforts for the independence of Algeria pay off? Read this book to find out.

I like that this beautiful memoir has many pictures; the photos give it a realistic touch and allow me to travel along through the author's life in the memoir. This memoir touches on life issues like racism and colonization, and there are many lessons to learn from the life of the author. His outspoken and brave nature is worthy of emulation. The author's fight for freedom faced many obstacles but overcame them. The author's love journey with his wife, Titi, is another emotional aspect of this book. From it, I learned that whatever we love is worth fighting for, and in the end, if we don't give up, love can conquer challenges.

There's nothing I dislike about this book. However, it's lengthy but thoroughly detailed; almost every event that happened in the life of Dr. Ghoulem Berrah was recorded, and I commend the accuracy. I also learned about love and the power of consistency and persistence from it. This book is exceptionally well edited; I didn't spot any errors, so I rate it five out of five stars. The way he collaborated fully with Christians and mixed well with them shows his selfless desire that love is more significant than religious differences and that religions can coexist if he could marry a Christian.

I recommend it to Algerians, people who want to know the history of Algeria before its independence, and readers interested in reading quality memoirs with great life lessons; this book they won't regret reading.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

Dr Ghoulem Berrah shared his life story in this lovely book. He shared his life growing up andhis fight for freedom in this book. Thanks for the review.
Selmuq Voruma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-selmuq-voruma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Selmuq Voruma »

I still rank this book as one of the best books I have read in recent times. Aside from intimating one about the life of the author, it provides valuable insight into the dynamics of diplomatic ties between African countries and other parts of the world.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This is one of the best memoirs I’ve read. The author was an admirable man, who not only gave principles but also loved by them. Well written review!
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

This lengthy book is informative and educative. I learned that Algeria gained independence back in 1962. And I learned the history of the country before that year, and how Dr. Berrah dedicated his life to liberating his people. Your review is wonderful!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

A resilient, selfless, loving and unbiased leader is Dr Ghoulem sadly they are scarce today. This memoir taught me alot of things and I benefited from it.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I have read this book and I was blessed to read it. Dr Berrah's life is a motivation and he is a blessing to Africa. May his soul rest well.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

I am wowed after reading this review, I haven't read the book but I feel emotionally connected with the author and the struggles he had to go through in life. Seeing he overcame and became great his life is inspiring.
Thanks for the review.
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

A dream of peace is a memoir that should be kept.
The great life of this man is brave and fullbof love, ot takes love for one's country to be able to fight for its independence.
Great review
Nicky Rita
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicky-rita.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nicky Rita »

The author's personal anecdotes make the book relatable and engaging.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”