Review of The Fifie

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Review of The Fifie

Post by Oluchi23 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Fifie" by Marco Collina.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Fifie by Marco Collina is a literature book that is so amazing, full of emotions and suspense, which profoundly explains love and how it affects those who experience it. The novel has twenty-seven chapters that explore intimate relationships among young adults of opposite sexes, the consequences of the wrong choice of partner, and regrets for a lost intimacy. Though not clearly written in this book, the book has two parts: the beginning chapters talk about two young lovers, while the later chapters talk about different couples who chose the wrong partners early but later traced themselves after a couple of years of marriage.

The author begins the book with a hard-working young adult orphan, Marcas, the only child of the family, who works for his uncle, Thomas, an adept seaman, as a captain and ship repairer. One day Marcas was invited by Mr. Collen. Honoring the invitation, Marcas met Maureen, his daughter. After encountering Maureen, both fell in love, and their relationship grew and waxed stronger on a daily basis. The subsequent chapters of the novel, like the first few, tell the tale of Mark and Marla, two couples from different households who fell in love the moment they met. Yet as the novel came to a close, Mark lost his closeness to Marla, which hurt him. To get the full gist, please get a copy.

The positive aspects of this book, which are also what I love about it, include the well-arranged plot setting and the simplicity of the writing style. Each of the chapters does not have too many pages. It is a concise story that engages the reader, making the story real, full of humor and suspense, and written in English without ambiguity. Again, the book is free from vulgar and offending words in the sense that everyone can be comfortable reading it.

According to the author, "love" is something abstract that you cannot touch or hold. I learned to love, stay in love, and grow in love. I learned that whenever you meet a compatible partner, you will experience genuine and lasting love, especially when both of you have like minds. Again, from the book, I learned that sometimes we are the cause of our own grief, as when Mark allowed Marla to travel far away from him and was filled with agony after a lasting absence. Again, I also learned that once there is a bridge of communication for a long time, the love dies off.

There is nothing negative I found in this book. Also, I didn't dislike the book for any reason, as it is interesting and engaging with no vulgar words. The book does not have any profane words. There are no typos, grammatical, or spelling errors that I detected, which shows that the book is exceptionally well-edited. For this reason, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to all young people so they can understand how to select a spouse, build love, maintain love, and grow in love after reading it. I also recommend it to young couples that will learn how to stay and grow in love and to those interested in love stories.

The Fifie
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Midwife of Auschwitz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-n-brega-bartolomeu.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu »

I found amazing the topics on the book... It's important to know how to be love and how to love feels./just highlighting favourite passage of your review. Great job.

"I learned to love, stay in love, and grow in love. I learned that whenever you meet a compatible partner, you will experience genuine and lasting love, especially when both of you have like minds."
Jê hii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mnnn-g.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Jê hii »

This book is a must read for young adults. It has a lot of lessons to teach.
Amazing review 👏👏
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

I agree that being separated from your loved one puts a strain on loving feelings. I hope young people will find helpful advice in this book.
Godwin33
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-godwin33.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Godwin33 »

Wow! What a great lesson, love is what tie two unrelated opposite sex together. This is a must read book. Thanks for your great review.
Tochukwu Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tochukwu-prosper.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Tochukwu Prosper »

One thing that interest me most is the way you review this book. I will add it to my bookshelf ASAP. Thanks for the great review.
Stephen+22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-22.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Stephen+22 »

You have done very well in your review. I think i am liking the book. I will add it to my bookshelf ASAP. I learned a lot from this review, thanks for that.
Tochukwu Stephen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tochukwu-stephen.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Tochukwu Stephen »

From your review i agreed with you that youths should get the book as it has a lot to teach as concern choice of spouse. Thanks for the review.
Michael Gambo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-gambo.html
Latest Review: The Struggle for Justice and Truth by Tomas Cudzis

Post by Michael Gambo »

Am glad that you have acquired great lessons on love. It is kind of motivating. What an informative review!
I believe in something greater than myself.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”