Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aneeka Shamnaz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aneeka-shamnaz.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Post by Aneeka Shamnaz »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise" by John K Danenbarger.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

What if those around you aren’t who you thought they were? Imagine your own family has secrets from you. Can you even trust them anymore? What has all your life up until now been like? Just a façade? At the same time, what if any random person has some sort of connection with you through their seemingly dark past? Wouldn’t it just break the foundation of the life you’ve built all these years? Amidst this turmoil, imagine losing your dad in supposedly normal circumstances and a family friend cutting off connections with you. Something’s off, and Geena dives into the hidden past and dark secrets of her family and others to figure out what’s going on. Will the truth help her, or will it break everything she values? Come discover all the dark secrets and shocking truths alongside Geena in Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger.

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise begins with Geena receiving the sudden news of her dad’s death from a family friend, Joe. Given that Joe saved Geena’s mother from being a prostitute and practically gifted her this life, certain instances don’t seem to add up. Not long after Geena speculates on the possibility of murder, she turns to the reason for murder. However, discovering the truth means having to learn all about the dark, omitted past and secrets of her family and Joe. There’s only one question: is Geena ready to face all of this darkness?

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise is a mystery crime novel with instances of romance and quantum physics mixed in. Each chapter is written from the perspective of one of the eight main characters, and each of them reveals a dark secret they’ve been hiding for a long time, making you gasp at the absurdity. I like how John characterized each of the characters as having different lives but brilliantly entangling all of them untimely to each other. The different perspectives of the situation help develop an unbiased opinion and make you wonder whose account is correct or if they just cleverly falsified it. I must also mention the author amazingly includes quantum physics in the story, and it just makes sense with the storyline. The author emphasized the inner conflicts and how each personality tried to resolve these issues through different methods. It brings out each character uniquely and keeps the reader engaged. I believe the writing style in Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise is praiseworthy.

If I must include what I disliked, although the presence of many characters was refreshing, it was also tiring to keep track of them, and the timelines and who was narrating were a bit too much work. This book is a bit of a puzzle, but it also makes it interesting, so you need to be focused or else you will miss the flow.

I believe Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise deserves a rating of five out of five stars. I didn’t find any errors, and it is professionally well-edited. The story is captivating, and each character's account made it worth reading. The author did a good job of giving each protagonist a unique personality, making it more relatable. I recommend this book to those who love mystery novels and romance. Those with an interest in quantum physics would find this novel interesting as well. I recommend it to mature audiences because of the erotic scenes, profanity, and instances of violence.

Stick with Geena till the end of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise and figure out the hidden bits of darker truth that need to be untangled.

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”