Review of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 494
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: EXXXXCUUUUUSE ME? A Satire on Publishing by Richard Stephenson

Review of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

Post by Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide, Gustavo Kinrys, M.D., and Alexandra Gold, M.A., present to readers a variety of natural options over medications that they can explore to relieve stress and anxiety. The discourse kicks off with an empowering introduction, progresses to an explanation of stress and anxiety and their symptoms, and ends with different remedies for stress and anxiety, like cognitive behavioural therapy, nutrient-based therapy, herbal-based therapy, and breathing exercises, among others.

I think the most appealing, central message in this book is the assertion that alternative medicine has an edge over medication in terms of potency and comfort in the treatment of stress and anxiety. I think such natural options as behavioural therapy, meditation, massage, deep breathing, proper dieting, and others are safer and longer-lasting, especially considering the authors' claim that medications generally manage the symptoms of anxiety and stress, not cure them, and that even at that, they have undesirable side effects and addictions. This knowledge should help people make informed decisions by weighing the pros and cons of medication and alternative medicine.

I was impressed with the wealth of information provided in this book about stress and anxiety relief and management. There are professional notes to help readers understand the place of stress and anxiety in the lives of humans and figure out the symptoms of stress and anxiety exhibited by their bodies. Also, readers are guided on how to combine natural options to meet their individual needs. Some anxiety triggers were highlighted in this book. Examples are inadequate zinc in the diet and high concentrations of copper in foods like processed tofu.

Furthermore, the authors addressed some popular misconceptions about stress and anxiety management. For example, the belief that cigarettes and alcohol can help relieve stress and anxiety is misleading; they make the situation worse by triggering some dangerous chains of reactions. I was greatly informed by the discourse on cognitive-behavioural therapy. It equipped me with the information I needed to frame my negative thoughts to meet desirable ends (location 369).

Overall, this is an informative handbook on stress and anxiety relief; therefore, I recommend it to all those suffering from these. I am confident the information in this book will help them improve their health and lifestyle. Those who wish to gain more awareness about stress and anxiety management can also consider picking up this book, as they will learn how to keep their stress and anxiety levels in check.

This book was professionally edited with just a few grammatical errors. I rate it five out of five stars because of the aforementioned positive aspects. I don't have anything to complain about. Hence, there is no reason to rate this book lower.

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kevin Larson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kevin-larson.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Kevin Larson »

I enjoyed the practical exercises and activities included throughout the book, which encourage active engagement with the material.
Cesyao
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cesyao.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Cesyao »

The book offers a blend of scientific research and practical wisdom.
Philips Laura
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonuel.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Philips Laura »

The writing style is very relatable.
Onyeka Dibor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeka-dibor.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Onyeka Dibor »

Gustavo Kinrys provides a balanced approach, emphasizing both natural remedies and professional help.
Abbra Marsh
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbra-marsh.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Abbra Marsh »

Getting a good night's sleep is crucial for keeping stress at bay.
Peace Eze
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-eze.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Post by Peace Eze »

I love the fact that the author emphasized on the natural ways to manage stress and anxiety.
Abbra Marsh
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbra-marsh.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Abbra Marsh »

Informative and practical – this book is a must-read for stress management.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”