Review of Shitolian

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Active Chris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-active-chris.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Review of Shitolian

Post by Active Chris »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Shitolian" by O Persaud.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Poetry is all about giving common elements a deep meaning, which is evident in this book by O Persaud. The book conveys the author’s thoughts and beliefs using great information and facts. Readers are left to depict the poem’s true meaning.

Shitolian is a 119-page poetry book divided into chapters, each with subchapters. The poem lines are well-spaced around each page for better readability. Each subtopic contains a poem related to the chapter’s title. The book requires deep concentration to understand the author’s point. Reading the poem would leave readers stuck in their thoughts. The book made progressive use of rhyming lines.

The author gave his personal opinion regarding some particular concepts of life. He felt discouraged by how black people are discriminated against and treated unequally. He talks about some challenges they faced, including the slave trade, due to racism. A part of the book talked about controlling words from the mouth. He cautions readers to be wary of their tongue, which can be both helpful and dangerous. The author discouraged hatred and stated the consequences it carried. I admire the author’s skill in using poetic declarations.

The book was also religious in some respects. The author acknowledged God as the only Supreme Being and provided for our needs. He categorized God as the one who grants our needs while the devil gives wants. The author believes in God and uses this book as a form of preaching. The book was brief and delivered well in a few pages. The author showed how animals live and compared it to the lives of humans. It is to encourage humans to learn from their mode of living.

I had a few problems with this book. I found it difficult to understand some concepts, but after focusing on each poem, the message became clear. Also, it became confusing how the author used “sh*t” in the concluding part of the book. However, this is my observation and isn’t a sufficient reason to reduce the book’s rating. The poems I enjoyed reading were the ones on punctuation. It is because it carries quality information. The book was exceptionally well-edited, as I encountered no errors. I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars. I learned a lot while reading this book. It would help readers develop good values.

I recommend this book to lovers of poetry. I believe readers would also learn from this work of art. This book is not for Christians alone but is readable by any religion.

Shitolian
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kizito Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kizito-shelby.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Kizito Shelby »

We often know the feeling reading poems can have or give to us. We always become or fall into deep thoughts and it gives meaning to things we didn't think it would.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

Poetry is truly about common elements in deep meaning and Shitolian did just that, a good book of poetry that touches on life issues, well done
Ekaete Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

A book filled with poems can always go a long way hin helping people to get a fresh breadth of air from the usual line of stories read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”