Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Selmuq Voruma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-selmuq-voruma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Selmuq Voruma »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

When discussing the factors that influence success, we often mention hard work, education, skill, and background. While these are undoubtedly important, focusing solely on them may limit our chances of success. It's crucial to consider other factors, such as location. Staying in one place can limit our exposure to new opportunities, and taking the risk to try new locations can open doors to success that we may not have found otherwise. We must think beyond what we've been taught and consider the potential benefits of stepping out of our comfort zones.

While hard work and education remain essential, we should also be willing to embrace change and take calculated risks to explore new opportunities. In doing so, we can expand our horizons and increase our chances of success.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Skies by Matthew Tysz is an enthralling novel that follows the journey of Galen, a young man who sets out to explore the world outside his comfort zone due to the stagnant nature of his hometown. Galen's destination is Voulhire, a foreign land where he hopes to find new opportunities and experiences. As Galen ventures into Voulhire, he quickly realizes that the land is filled with secrets and mysteries he had never imagined. He encounters a diverse range of individuals and becomes embroiled in exciting adventures that test his limits and change his fate forever.

Voulhire was a nation that stood out among its peers, representing the pinnacle of civilization and urbanization. King Wilhem led it, and much like a modern society, Voulhire had unique political, educational, and economic characteristics. Despite its prosperity, the nation was not without its challenges.

One of King Wilhem's primary concerns was the unequal distribution of resources across Voulhire. While some regions flourished, others lagged in development, with Hilport, a southern town, being one such example. To remedy this, the king appointed Eldus to govern Hilport and breathe new life into its economy. However, upon arriving in Hilport, Eldus soon discovers a far more urgent issue that threatens not just Hilport but Voulhire as a whole. The gravity of the situation forces Eldus to make difficult decisions that will test his loyalty and challenge his morals, all while struggling to protect the people of Hilport and preserve the integrity of Voulhire.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Skies made an interesting read because the author's writing style captures the essence of Galen's journey, immersing readers in the breathtaking landscapes and vividly bringing to life the various characters. I like a lot of things about it. Firstly, I was impressed with the character development. Although it seemed slow and arduous to follow initially, the action and thrill eventually ensued. The humor that accompanied most of the scenes made the reading experience enjoyable. I was entertained reading the conversations between the crew members and the ship captain that Galen boarded.

Aside from the entertainment, it was quite enlightening. I learned the meaning of some terms like "supranumen" which means to go above God's head. The excellent editing of the book is commendable. I didn't spot any errors. However, as someone used to reading books separated into parts or chapters, the absence of chapters or parts almost ruined my reading experience. That is the only thing I didn't like about this book. Nevertheless, this won't affect my rating of the book. I give it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

I recommend this book to lovers of adventure stories and political thrillers. The book features an engaging and dynamic plot that seamlessly blends themes of politics, education, sorcery, friendship, and governance to create an enthralling tale. Readers will find themselves captivated by the twists and turns of the story, as well as the complex and multifaceted characters.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

We are Voulhire is an adventurous novel that follows the life of the protagonist Galen in Voulhire, I'm intrigued by your review.
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

This novel is the book that is about Galen, as he left the place he has spend his childhood day to an unknown place. Read as he goes to find out the reason he’s there.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

I'm eager to learn if Voulhire helps Galen's growth or hinder it. The reviewer's opening paragraphs are epic. I am looking forward to reading this book. Thanks for an interesting review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”