Review of Storm Front Over Atlantis

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jenni Schmitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Homecoming
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenni-schmitt.html
Latest Review: Nowhere to Hide by Jude Austin
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Review of Storm Front Over Atlantis

Post by Jenni Schmitt »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Storm Front Over Atlantis" by E.W. Roberts.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Olympic Legacy series begins with Storm Front Over Atlantis, Book One. In the small town of Great Oaks, Vic and Lana are working through their mother’s death. Their father is of little use. The murder of Anastasia Hartley has hit everyone hard. This includes Sheriff Jeremiah Stone, who is also busy with an investigation into corruption in his department. A couple of werewolves and a childlike, disgusting monster greatly complicate matters. When Victoria is ambushed by a trio bullying brothers after school, Vic dishes out a beating that has their father seeking charges. She has been trained in combat by her military veteran Gramps. Meanwhile, Sheriff Stone investigates the murder of a prominent, local businessman, believing there is a serial killer. How is this related to Queen Victoria of Atlantis. Read Storm Front Over Atlantis, by E.W. Roberts to find out.

This volume is an intriguing introduction to what promises to be an excellent series. I can not say enough positive things about this book. I particularly enjoyed the strong female characters. Vic takes the lead in every situation, dispatching everything from school bullies to shadow hounds with calm competence. Kerri, the Pulitzer Prize-winning hometown reporter, battles illness stoically while plotting to expose the local sheriff. Her love interest, Theron the werewolf biker is a nice addition. Cynthia Summers, a wealthy heiress, steps up to assist Vic with dark forces after a cryptic message from her deceased father. The character Vachel could be a novel in itself.

Negatives are hard to find. With only an error or two, this book appears professionally edited. I am still wondering what happens to Cynthia’s sister, though. She seems to disappear, unexplained, as if her character were forgotten by the author. It is not enough to detract from this action-packed story. More sensitive readers may find some of the descriptiveness disgusting.

I rate Storm Over Atlantis, Book One, by E.W. Roberts, five out of five stars. I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of this story. While it is the first in a series, it also makes an excellent stand-alone read.

I recommend this title for young adult readers. Audiences who enjoy fantasy, horror, science fiction and action will also find themselves entertained. Those who enjoy mythological stories with new twists will also enjoy this book. Fans of strong female lead characters will find much to appreciate. Medieval aficionados may also be intrigued.

Storm Front Over Atlantis
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”