Review of Terms of Service

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mwaba Musunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwaba-musunga.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Review of Terms of Service

Post by Mwaba Musunga »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Terms of Service" by Craig W. Stanfill.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Terms of Service: Subject to Change Without Notice by Craig W. Stanfill is quite an original book. At first glance you will think it’s a cliché but it truly brings out the realistic side of life, the normal day to day life most of us are accustomed to while still introducing some foreign aspects here and there, that make it interesting. It is ultimately about the journey we each make in either choosing a life for yourself, or a life chosen for you.

The positive aspect of this book is in the friendship and it was nice to see that friends are ultimately who we turn to and they are constantly looking out for us and checking up on us. It made me recall the phrase “friends are the family we choose” (Not in the book just a phrase that come to mind.) I love how it’s not predictable and not overly emotional, for example it wouldn’t make you cry yet still be very interesting.

The negative aspect will have to be on the lack of pronouns, as it makes it difficult to understand certain parts, but in the end its quite clear. An additional negative aspect in my opinion will have to be the controlling. As someone who has experienced it and is still struggling with it, I found that quiet negative. As a result, I would not recommend it to someone who is still struggling with being controlled, be it the most minimal form of control to the highest as it might be triggering.

I rate it 3 stars out of 5. Mainly because the story line takes time to build, almost halfway through the book is when it gets interesting enough to pull you in, if you don’t mind the slow build up, then this book is for you. If, however, you are not very patient, I would not recommend it. I would recommend this book for anyone who wants to read something different in terms of what we know as reality, something stimulating to your mind but somehow still mundane.

In my opinion, Terms of Service: Subject to Change Without Notice by Craig W. Stanfill had a lot of thought poured into it and this can be seen from the lack errors, typo and grammar. This book needs you to be quite attentive and focused for you to enjoy it, so I would not recommend reading it while preoccupied. It is quiet enticing and pulls you in to a certain level, but as I earlier mentioned, it’s not the easiest book to follow. Overall it has a good story line and interesting characters. I was quite impressed with the ending, it leaves you satisfied and yet somehow still wanting more.

Terms of Service
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”