Review of A Distinguished Ghanaian Ahuma Bosco Ocansey

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elendu Clement Ekechukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-clement-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Shot Down by Steve Snyder

Review of A Distinguished Ghanaian Ahuma Bosco Ocansey

Post by Elendu Clement Ekechukwu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Distinguished Ghanaian Ahuma Bosco Ocansey" by Gurinder Abrol.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Distinguished Ghanaian Ahuma Bosco Ocansey, is the story of a legend who was born in 1963 to a Ghanaian Roman Catholic family in Accra, the subject of the biography Ahuma Bosco Ocansey by Gurinder Abrol. Both of Bosco's parents were teachers and members of a religious community. They loved them and disciplined them when it was necessary. Bosco had a really enjoyable and exciting childhood. He delighted in extracurricular pursuits including taekwondo, music, and football. Due to his life experience, he met legendary African figures like Ras Kimono and Abedi Pele. He developed into a successful guy who gave everything he did his all. Many have heard of and respect Bosco. He has experience working with several radio stations in Ghana and is always eager to support the next generation. Bosco made changes and left a long-lasting impact as he moved from one radio station to another.

This book is really interesting to read. There are several lessons in it. This is the aspect of the novel that I like best. This book's most important lesson is that success requires hard work. Bosco continued to grow as a person while switching jobs, learning from others in the process. This allowed him to leave and continue when the strain became too much. Workers may benefit from this. They may improve their chances of receiving better offers and keeping their jobs if they continually improve their abilities and acquire new ones.

I also admired Bosco's resourcefulness and originality. He had to make do with limited supplies at times. But he was a good manager and constantly inspired the people he worked with. Bosco's diplomacy in dealing with the press and detractors is also remarkable.

This book's author's genuineness is yet another remarkable quality. Even though Bosco and Ghana had a lot going for them, he was not afraid to point out where they might need some work.

The narrative's inclusion of maps for Ghana, Jamaica, Ethiopia, and Nigeria was very useful. I used the maps to follow along as the story went through the many locations Bosco visited. It seemed as if I was going with him. I particularly adored the photos and their pertinent descriptions toward the book's conclusion. They gave the names and faces of the people referenced in the novel, bringing the characters to life.

Nothing in this book bothers me. I give it a score of 5 out of 5. Reading about Bosco's life was enjoyable. The book had excellent editing, and the story flowed well. This book will be interesting to both workers and aspiring media celebrities.

A Distinguished Ghanaian Ahuma Bosco Ocansey
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I think the inclusion of maps in any book is beneficial. It helps the reader to orient him/her/theirselves. Photos are also good in nonfiction. The reader feels as if they are part of the action.
Stephen Pokoo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-pokoo.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Stephen Pokoo »

As a Ghanaian reading this book, it really hits back to home. Your review is exceptionally delivered and your in-depth analysis adds to the general appeal of this wonderful book. Kudos!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”