Review of Relish Your Retirement

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anne Lucas
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anne-lucas.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Review of Relish Your Retirement

Post by Anne Lucas »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Relish Your Retirement" by Florance Philip.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Retirement is a drastic change in every person's life. While bringing transformations in one's lifestyle and schedule, it, more often than not, can feel daunting, bring boredom, and affect mental health and relationships in undesirable ways. The author, Florance Philip, has recognized this problem and talked about a handful of solutions to it in her book, Relish Your Retirement: 501 Fun, Insightful And Simple Ideas To A Blissful Retired Life For Women. Divided into eleven chapters, according to different themes, it is a meticulously structured guide-like book aimed at women in their fifties and sixties to help them plan and make their retirement holistically fun and lively. If the idea of your retirement feels gloomy and makes you uncomfortable, this book is a must-read for you.

I liked the solution-oriented approach of this book. The author's writing style is easy to comprehend. She talks like a friendly personal coach and walks the readers through various psychological stages and feelings that they may face during the initial days after their retirement. According to the author, going through them with the right mindset is the most important preparatory step towards making your 'golden years' beautiful. She then goes on to explain the promised 501 activities in detail. I also liked how it included many lesser-known and less popular activities, like rustic camping. It has been an informative and fulfilling read that I didn't know I needed.

There is nothing that I disliked about this book. Although I am a bit far from the age of retirement, after reading this book, I feel informed about various ways I can help myself stay happy.

I can say that this book has gone through professional editing, as I could not find any editorial errors in this book, Relish Your Retirement. I enjoyed reading about the author's viewpoint on retirement and the way she empowers her readers to fight against their after-retirement identity crisis. Thus, based on all the things that I felt about this book, I give it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars that it deserves.

I recommend this book to people who are going through, or approaching, the retirement phase of their life. Although the author has stated in the book that she is primarily writing it for women in their fifties to sixties, according to my experience, this book is a good fit for people of all genders who want a fun and fulfilling retired life.

Relish Your Retirement
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
:tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”