Review by Scorsee -- Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Scorsee
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scorsee.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Review by Scorsee -- Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Scorsee » 06 Jun 2015, 21:34

[Following is a volunteer review of "Audible Book of your Choice" by Amazon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

For this review of the Audible service, provided by Amazon, I selected Ray Bradbury’s Something Wicked This Way Comes which proved to be an excellent choice. The narrator did an excellent job in creating unique voices for each character and adding further enhancement to Bradbury’s style of writing. While I have been a fairly strict reader of books, rather than a listener, I found the experience to be entirely positive. I wasn’t able to find a single thing that I found frustrating or lackluster about Audible. Since this review is for the Audible service, I will focus upon that for this review rather than digress into how wonderful Ray Bradbury’s writing is.

This was my first time using Audible and I was pleasantly surprised at how wonderful an experience it was. There are two options for the monthly subscription; the $14.95 option provides you with one book credit and the $22.95 provides you with two credits each month. For the free 30 day trial you are given a book credit which can be applied to any audio book, regardless of price. There are literally thousands of book options available.

The audio books vary in price from less than ten dollars to more than thirty, if purchased without a book credit, but the exorbitant price of some of the audio books seems entirely legitimate since they are often nearly one thousand pages long (think A Song of Ice and Fire). However, even with these vast options, it was a simple process to find a book I was interested in and to download it.

Already possessing a Kindle, it was a simple matter to have the book sent to the device. The controls for listening were quite intuitive and there are many settings available. You may select the speed at which the book is read, which was helpful since I found that listening to its default recording speed was a bit too slow for my liking. There is also a timer that can be used so that the book will automatically stop after a certain amount of time. Since I enjoyed listening to the book as I fell asleep, this option proved invaluable to prevent finding myself having completed the book by the time I woke up in the morning.

Overall, my experience with Audible was exceptional and I will continue to use the service. I have already started a second book! Having the option to enjoy a book while driving or during many other activities has been novel and enjoyable. So far, the narrator’s have been fantastic and haven’t distracted from the characters “voices” as I had feared. My rating for Audible is 4 out of 4 stars. It is a wonderful service and one that I believe will prove invaluable.

Audible Book of your Choice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Scorsee's review? Post a comment saying so!
“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” -Albus Dumbledore

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”