Review of Winning the War on Cancer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jakub Bystrowski
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jakub-bystrowski.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Winning the War on Cancer

Post by Jakub Bystrowski »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Cancer is a terminal disease that has plagued humanity for years. Various research projects have been funded to study the different types of cancer and to find a cure. Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure by Sylvie Beljanski is a book that educates readers about cancer, the progress made in the battle against cancer, and how natural cures complement synthetic cures.

When Mirko Beljanski, a brilliant biologist-biochemist, was on his deathbed, his daughter promised to carry on his life's work. He joined the famous Pasteur Institute in Paris, where he began his study of cancer. The book gradually shifts from his life experiences to Sylvie's life journey. With both her parents being scientists, she was always alone during her childhood and felt her parents loved bacteria more than her. What difficulties did she face while trying to pursue her father's dreams? Grab a copy to find out.

This book is an eye-opener, as it opened my eyes to the possibilities of environmental science in the health sector. Mirko Beljanski discovered the Pao pereira, an Amazonian tree, and Rauwolfia vomitoria, an African root bark. Two plants, when used correctly, can block the regeneration of stem cells without killing healthy cells. This method was effective in helping the then French president, François Mitterand, finish his tenure in office while battling against pancreatic cancer.

Although they pose like they have our best interests at heart, I noticed how corrupt the pharmaceutical companies are. They weren't happy with the development. They thought people wouldn't need their drugs anymore, and it would hinder their profits. Unknown to them, Mirko Beljanski intended to integrate natural drugs with synthetic ones, as his studies showed they were more effective when combined.

For someone with no scientific qualifications, Sylvie was courageous in the pursuit of her goals. Being a lawyer, it must not have been easy for her to transition into the health sector. She started a foundation in her father's memory. She works very hard to ensure that her father's work impacts the lives of people as he originally planned. I found no flaws in the book. I found no errors in the book, indicating it was exceptionally well edited. I happily give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

Cancer is a terminal disease that has taken up lots of money due to research, clinical trials, and drug production. The drugs are expensive, so most people opt not to take them and die instead. Various foundations help cancer patients around the world. Everyone should play their part and help in whatever way they can. I recommend this book to doctors, nurses, and all who work in the health sector.

Winning the War on Cancer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Shane Carter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shane-carter.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Shane Carter »

Sylvie is an example to all. She carried on her father's legacy regardless of the consequences. Her father would be proud wherever he is.
Mutuma Clare
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutuma-clare.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Mutuma Clare »

Sounds interesting. I would love to read this book. Complementary and alternative medicine is an area that should be explored
Shane Carter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shane-carter.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Shane Carter »

Cancer is a chronic disease that affects everyone in a way. I think unorthodox medecine might have an answer regarding the cure of cancer.
Fentymak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fentymak.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Fentymak »

I read the book and I enjoyed it. The title of the book is fitting. It is a brief but accurate summary of the book. I commend the author for a good job.
Fentymak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fentymak.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Fentymak »

I enjoyed reading this review. It is an interesting and adequate summary of the book. You've made me see things from a different perspective.
Makkyfenty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-makkyfenty.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Makkyfenty »

I quite enjoyed reading this review. It made the book very interesting. I like how the review was constructed. It makes the book appealing to read. I can't wait to read this book.
Makkyfenty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-makkyfenty.html

Post by Makkyfenty »

From this review, I can tell that this book has some core values of loyalty and honesty. It sounds like an interesting that'll keep readers engrossed.
Mutuma Clare
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutuma-clare.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Mutuma Clare »

I have been doing a research on complimentary and alternative medicine and I this book will be a great read for me. I will check it out
Kinsey James
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinsey-james.html

Post by Kinsey James »

I love this review. It is written excellently. I love how you expressed your recommendations. It is very good. I like your negative aspects. Congrats on a job well done.
Kinsey James
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinsey-james.html

Post by Kinsey James »

The guidelines were properly followed. I enjoyed reading this review. I notoced no errors which made it free to read. Congrats on a job well done.
Goofer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Goofer »

I enjoyed reading this review. It was enjoyable and fun to read. I like how you outlined your negative aspect. It was very well thought out. Congratulations on a job well done.
Eric11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eric11.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Eric11 »

The book inspires me lot. I like to say that this review helps me see the book in a new light. I have to go and read it again. Thank you for such a wonderful review.
Sabigirl_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabigirl.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Sabigirl_ »

The negative aspects of the book are outlined properly. This shows readers that the book is not perfect but the imperfections make it better. I can't wait to read this book.
Darius Alex Jorge
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darius-alex-jorge.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Darius Alex Jorge »

I like the negative aspects highlighted by the reviewer. It shows great understanding of the book. I enjoyed reading this review. It was fun to read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”