Review of Higher Connections- Humor and Inspiration from a Certified Public Pothead

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ayana Rodriguez
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Review of Higher Connections- Humor and Inspiration from a Certified Public Pothead

Post by Ayana Rodriguez »

Very interesting topic! I have a lot of friends that use marijuana for medical purposes and its just amazing how it helps one person. I love it! Very knowledgeable.
Noel Mulenga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noel-mulenga.html
Latest Review: Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem by Dr. Frank L. Douglas

Post by Noel Mulenga »

It’s a great message.
kim farrell 1
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kim-farrell-1.html
Latest Review: The Dream Primer by Jeff Meyer
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by kim farrell 1 »

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your honesty especially as a non-smoker. It is clear that you read the book with an open mind. There are pros and cons in everything. I personally know a few older couples that use it. Thinking back there has always been at least one older couple in my life... hmmmm maybe it has a bonus of keeping marriages out of divorce court. Who is to say? There are a lot of worse things in the world. My mother before she passed was prescribed marijuana because she wouldn't take her meds and was losing much weight. I was shocked but grateful. So thats a pro however abuse is a big con. Good job on the review.
Ann Harun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann-harun.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ann Harun »

I appreciate your perspective, and the book appears to be entertaining and informative. I plan to read it to see how it appeals to me. Thank you for your input.
Ann Harun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann-harun.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ann Harun »

Joanna Olson wrote: 03 Feb 2023, 20:53 This book seems very interesting to me. While I’m not a fan of marijuana, it sounds like the author has an interesting and unique take on it!
Due to the mere mention of marijuana, I think I'm curious to read the book :D
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

Some believe inspiration comes from taking marijuana, others believe otherwise. I agree with the author of "Higher Connections- Humor and Inspiration from a Certified Public Pothead, that marijuana should not be taken at a tender age.
Ritalee1
Currently Reading: Chromatophobia
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritalee1.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Ritalee1 »

Thanx for the review. The book offers a unique perspective on the use of marijuana and its effects, including information on different strains, optimal times to use, and reasons for use. The author also touches on the current laws surrounding marijuana and states where it is still illegal. They bring up the fact that only 4% of the population uses marijuana and question why it is illegal while other unhealthy factors like micro plastics, air pollution, and chemicals are not regulated.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

Can our minds really be altered and our knowledge be expanded by smoking marijuana? This has been an age long debate for some period of time so I think reading this book will help me answer my question. The author did a good job.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”