Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elendu Clement Ekechukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-clement-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Shot Down by Steve Snyder

Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

Post by Elendu Clement Ekechukwu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

An unknown territory in Siberia named Zona is shrouded in mystery. There are legends about rare plants and extinct creatures thriving there, but there is no evidence to back them up. Randall and his colleagues decide to travel to Zona in danger as a result of this. Randall and one other member of his crew have been missing for a year. Grant, his nephew, will now endeavor to locate him. To handle his late uncle's estate, American paleogeographer Grant Taylor traveled to Russia. Grant launches an investigation because he refuses to accept the contradictions in the stories surrounding the disappearance of his uncle Randall. Grant discovers himself traveling to Zona, a hazardous region of northern Siberia that the government has prohibited. Will Grant locate his uncle and make it out alive? To learn what transpired, read this book.

Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker has its share of thrills and shocks, even though the plot may occasionally move slowly. Murder, covert plans, power struggles, and a lot of action are all present. Baker carefully plans the expedition's journey across the tundra and marshes of Siberia so that the reader has a clear understanding of the many characters who join it. To help the reader better understand what happens later in the story, the author also uses these pages to inform the reader about the different kinds of vehicles, technology, and weapons that are available on the journey. My favorite part of the book was when Grant befriended a wolf. Another thrilling part of the story was when the scientists analyzed the plants that caused problems while they were on the expedition.

Moreover, I like the author’s style of writing in this book. The author did well by sticking to the first-person narration from the start to the end. I appreciate that the author gave an English translation for each Russian word mentioned. I could picture the story in my head like a movie. The book was intriguing and fun to read. It was more fun as the book contained maps showing the routes they followed from Siberia to the Sheba Mountains.

The book was exceptionally well edited, as I encountered no errors while reading. It's fascinating and enjoyable to read this mystery and science fiction book. Every page of this book was enjoyable to read. The story is nicely thought out. It captivated me. The narrative captivated me. I continued reading, eagerly anticipating the next page. I also appreciate the author's efforts in character development in this book.I could readily identify with it. The biography of Dr. Grant Taylor is another intriguing aspect of this book that I enjoy. I am inspired by his bravery. I took away some really important things from this book. The author deserves praise for carefully editing and proofreading this text. While reading it, I found no mistakes.

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves reading about adventures. The book was a perfect read for me. There wasn't anything to dislike in the book. It's a perfect book to rate 4 out of 4.

Zona: The Forbidden Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”