Review of The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Review of The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by Kibet Hillary »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Angela finally found her dream job and made a breakthrough working as an intern, but the director, Alberto Scordato, is making her life hectic. Unknown to her, her boss has been watching CCTV footage of her caught in supernatural trances and communicating with paintings that seem to come to life. Burglars break into Angela’s place and steal a dream journal, leaving all other things intact. What does the journal contain, and how will they find it? Fortunately, Alex, a private art recovery agent, will be working with her.

After a horrible nightmare that followed her recollection of her past life as Fioretta, will she experience worse dreams? What danger lies ahead that Alex has to protect Angela from? Will they trust each other enough to share secrets known only to themselves? The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci was authored by Belle Ami. This crime mystery book follows Alex and Angela as they try to solve the mystery of a missing da Vinci painting. They will also discover their connection to couples who existed in the past.

The raging storm outside and the dangers that accompany the duo as they attempt to solve the mystery of the missing masterpiece are made softer by the love brewing between them. It is not without its share of bumps, though. Be ready for a time travel adventure like no other, scintillating action and steamy romance all packed into one gripping book. Different opposing situations come into play, as the book is both exciting and sad at times owing to the dangers the primary characters face and the mesmerizing coalescence of the present and the past.

Belle Ami kept the story enthralling and simple; she developed her characters and allowed them to narrate their stories. Sophia Caro and her Nazi deserter lover, Gerhard Jaeger, will transport you to the middle of World War II as the Nazis bomb a city, threatening to destroy valuable arts and crafts. Fioretta, Giuliano, and Leonardo will reveal a friendship that knew no boundaries and a love that dared challenge all the powers that opposed it. All these subplots contribute to the main conflict, which is intelligently solved in due time.

I liked all aspects of this book; there was nothing to dislike about it. The characters were believable, realistic, and well-developed, and all had important roles to play. For a book that spans almost five centuries, the author kept the number of characters small, enabling the reader to remember and easily follow each one of them. As a result, I rate the book four out of four stars. I highly recommend The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci to anyone who enjoys crime and mystery. However, almost every reader will find something to enjoy.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kurk Ruz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kurk-ruz.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kurk Ruz »

I relate to how I love how she kept it simple and engaging, the development was really beautiful, it was also fast paced, each scene leading to another and one can easily comprehend the whole book.The book is a great read and kudos to your review!
Clinton kur
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clinton-kur.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Clinton kur »

The Girl who knew Da Vinci is a captivating blend of history, art, and mystery. Belle Ami's writing transports you to the Renaissance era with ease.
Bola Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bola-sharon.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Bola Sharon »

I like this review.
Peace Eze
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-eze.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Post by Peace Eze »

I enjoyed your review. You clearly stated what you liked and disliked. Keep it up.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”